Surprise your children with an easy Kids Valentine Bento Lunch!
Valentines Day is less than an month away and what better way to celebrate than a fun Kids Valentine Bento Lunch! Valentines day is a fun and whimsical holiday that my children love to celebrate. I show them love every day in little ways: hugs, packing lunches, driving them to and from school, you name it, I’m their go-to gal. On holidays I love surprising them with little things.
My kids do not eat school lunch. Ever. I pack a lunch for them everyday and sometimes it gets quite mundane. Holidays are fun because you can make a boring sack awesome and customize it for whatever holiday you would like.
This Kids Valentine Bento Lunch took a peanut butter & jelly sandwich to the next level. I used small heart shape cookie cutters to cut out apples and the sandwich bread. I filled in the heart with fun Valentine jimmies. I know my children will absolutely love it for their Valentines Day lunch!
- Peanut butter
- 2 slices of bread of your choice
- Small paring knife
- Heart shaped cookie cutters
- Valentine jimmies (sprinkles)
- Red fruit juice
- Red snack of your choice. I used Pringles because my kids love them!
- Bento style container, I love using these disposable ones just in case the kids accidentally throw them away.
- Grab your favorite jars or peanut butter & jelly, a few slices of bread and some small heart cookie cutters.
- Cut a heart shape in the middle of one of the slice of bread. Spread the peanut butter & jelly. Sandwich the bread together and then fill in the heart with Valentine jimmies.
- Slice the apples and use the small heart cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes.
- Add the lunch to the bento container and seal shut. Enclosing a cute Valentine card would be a great idea too!
You will also want to make our: