This patriotic USA flip flop sign is great for Memorial Day, the 4th of July or just to show your overall patriotism.
I love making home decor I’ll actually hang or display in my home or gift to a neighbor or friend. When Erica made this Flip Flop Welcome Sign last summer, I knew I wanted to do something similar. I stumbled upon these Patriotic flip flops at the Dollar Tree and got all excited about making a patriotic welcome sign. But then I changed my mind and decided to go with a USA Flip Flop Sign. I can hang it for Memorial Day or Fourth of July or really, all year long!
I was also able to grab some red, white and blue ribbon from the Dollar Tree and the plastic star necklaces. And usually you can find the E 6000 glue at your local store, too! so for a couple bucks, you’ll be on your way to making this awesome patriotic decor for your home!
How to Make a USA Flip Flop Sign
- 3 pairs flip flops
-You will only use 3 flip flops per sign, so you can make 2 signs out of 3 pairs.
- Plastic star necklaces 32” long
- Wood letters – U S A
-I used 1.5” letters from Craftwood by Darcie from Joanns. Click on the letter above for a link to Amazon.
- White Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Red Ribbon 5/8”
- White Ribbon 5/8”
- Blue Ribbon 5/8”
- E6000 adhesive
- Hot glue
- Select two left and one right flip flop. Set the others aside.
- Cut one piece of red, white and blue ribbon 34” in length. Tie the white ribbon to the back of the blue flip flop by knotting it on the flip flop “button” that comes through the bottom of the sandal. Tie the red ribbon onto the flag flip flop and the white ribbon onto the red flip flop.
- Lay your flip flops, right side up, on the table and arrange as desired, making the red and blue flip flops lower than the center one. Straighten your ribbons and tie them together, about 12-18” from the sandals with a slip knot. Trim excess.
- Cut each necklace. Use hot glue to affix one end to the ribbon on the back of the sandal and the other end near the knot at the top. Trim excess of the necklace beads. Repeat until all three flip flops have star beads.
- Cut three pieces of ribbon 24” long and tie them onto the top knot, into the shape of a bow.
- Paint wood USA pieces with white acrylic paint and allow to dry completely. Affix to flip flops using E6000 adhesive and let dry completely, 24 hours or overnight.
- Hang your flip flop sign on a door or inside your home.
Try some of our other fun, patriotic and summer crafts:
[…] Toothpaste Box Firecrackers 2. 4th of July Patriotic Flag Wreath 3. Firecracker Craft 4. USA Flip Flop Sign 5. DIY 4th Of July Planter 6. 4th Of July Milk Carton Treat Boxes 7. 4th Of July Condiment Holder […]