If you love summer time and flip flops, this easy DIY flip flop welcome sign is for you.
I was at the dollar store the other day searching for goodies that I couldn't leave without and these American flag flip flops popped out at me. But not for my feet! I wanted them for this festive welcome sign for my front door.
I'm a wreath loving, door hanging, welcome sign fanatic. I have one for every holiday and days in between. I usually buy them a few days after the actual holiday, to get them on sale when I don't make them. This one is simple to make and inexpensive! Two of my favorites!
Gather a few supplies:
- 4 pairs of flip flops (all size small or medium)
- Blue bead necklaces
- Red, white, and blue ribbons
- Foam letter stickers
- Hot glue
- E6000 glue
- Begin by arranging your flip flops onto the table, you only need 7 of the 8 flips flops, unless you want to add an exclamation mark.
- Place a good amount of hot glue on all the spots where the flip flops connect, then turn them over.
- Cut out several pieces of cardboard about 2" wide and at least 5-6" long. Now carefully use your E6000 (follow directions on back) to glue your cardboard strips to the back of your flip flops as shown. If you don't have E6000 glue, hot glue will work just fine. Let the glue dry for a few hours and turn your flip flop wreath back to the front.
- Now you can hot glue your foam letters onto the bottom of each flip flop, spelling out the word welcome.
- Cut your blue beaded necklace so that it is one long strand. Hot gluing it under the center thong of the first flip flop and scallop it to the last, making sure to hot glue under each thong.
- Cut 2-3 pieces of ribbon at least 24" long and tie it onto the back of the sign, around the back of the first and last, flip flop, as shown.
- Just hang your sign up and welcome in Memorial Day, The 4th of July, or Labor Day.
You'll also want to make: