The 4th of July is a time of celebration, warm weather, parades, and fireworks! You’ll want to make these Patriotic Cutlery Holders for your festive get togethers with your friends and family.
The 4th of July is one time of the year where my husband’s entire family gets together. It’s an annual tradition and everyone takes the weekend off and some take the entire week off. We live in such a beautiful area that we spend days at the beach, countless days outside, and eat way too much food and ice cream. This year, instead of our napkins blowing around when we have a picnic, I decided to make these cute cutlery/napkin holders with a little hidden treat to go with the occasion. You’ll need the usual napkins and plastic wear and a few extras:
- Brown paper bag lunch sacks
- Red, white & blue Washi Tape
- Red napkins
- Blue plastic cutlery
- Pop Rocks
- Start by folding the bottom of your paper bag about 3/4 of the way to the top opening.
- Place a piece of washi tape around all sides of the bag, folding over half the tape to the back (this will hold the folded bag together).
- Tape stripe washi tape across the bag, folding over any excess tape to the back of the bag.
- Side a napkin in the little pocket, a packet of Pop Rocks, and a few pieces of plastic wear.
You don’t have to use Pop Rocks as your favorite treat. Try something else, maybe tootsie rolls, taffy or hard candies. Just keep in mind it’s usually very hot in the summer, so opt for something that isn’t chocolate and will withstand the summertime heat!
These cute cutlery holders loo like a lot of work, but they are not! And the kids can certainly help you! Let them angle the washi tape to create a unique and fun irregular look! It doesn’t have to be perfect! Or they can certainly sort and insert the napkins, treat and cutlery!