If you're taking a long car trip you need things for the kids to do in the car. This is my ultimate packing list when traveling with kids.
My family and I love to go on road trips. We have friends and family within 4-5 hour car rides and travel sports all summer. I am the one that packs everything, even my husband's clothes. I have the normal luggage bags, toiletry bag, and one bag that goes in the back seat full of things to do during the actual car ride. Here's my ultimate packing list of things to bring:
- Blank unlined notepad: for drawing pictures
- Lined note pad: for writing letter, notes, spelling words, ect.
- Colored pencils: they won't melt like crayons or get all over hands and clothes like markers
- Ipad or tablet: although this may not be everyone's favorite, you gotta admit it keeps them busy
- Books: Guinness Book Of World Records is a great book for the car
- Sunglasses: It's no fun to have the sun in your eyes during a trip
- Workbooks: These are fun for the kids because they know they don't have to do it for school
- Coloring books: You'll probably get lots of pictures along the way
- Magic Ink coloring books: Which are wonderful for the little kids, even I like coloring in them.
- Snacks: Instead of stopping at gas stations, you can pack healthy choices for along the way
- Drinks: You'll save so much money bring water bottles from home instead of buying them
- Movies: That's if you have a DVD player in your car, these make time go by quickly
- Headphones: For the DVD player of course
- Travel pillow: Makes sleeping in the car, oh so comfy
- Baby wipes: For faces, spills, and sticky hands
- Small plastic bags: For garbage
- Extra batteries or car charger: For you electronics
- Blanket: For those times you can't please everyone with the heat/AC or just wanna be comfy
- Hand Sanitizer or Wet Ones: Trust me, after those gas station bathroom trips you'll want these
- Freezer bags: In case an episode of car sickness arises
These are my favorites, do you have any amazing items you always include in your packing list?