This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EnterTheWonderVault #CollectiveBias
Softball Snacks are "wonderfilled" with the help of OREO cookies.
We are nearing the end of my daughter's softball season and it's amazing to see how far along all of the players have come. It's fun watching the girls gather together. There's so much excitement with each of the girls and the crowd (of parents and siblings) roars when the players actually hit a ball from a pitching machine, catch a ball or better yet, make a play!
Besides playing a game, the team loves the end when snack time arrives! I can always count on OREO Cookies to bring an even bigger smile to the girls' faces. It doesn't matter what flavor I bring, the team is always "wonderfilled" with excitement for a cookie snack. The players can barely contain their excitement and when I tell them each can take 2 cookies! And it was so sweet when one girl asked for 2 for her dad.
Head to your local Kroger store and take advantage of this offer: Buy one Wonder Vault flavor OREO Cookies and get a free MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar (offer valid 6/14-6/20). Now, the MILKA OREO Chocolate Candy Bar I keep for myself and my husband. It's an added bonus after a long day of working and an attempt to relax and watch the game. We enjoy this candy bar mid-game when we need a sweet treat to keep us going. You'll find this candy bar has crunchy bits of OREO, creme filling and rich milk chocolate.
The biggest challenge I see as being a sideline parent is continuing to remain positive as you can see some of the players get frustrated with themselves and with each other. One player misses a catch, the other strikes out, one gets out at home. It's challenging, as a mom, to see this happening right before your own eyes. It makes me want to run into the dug out give her a hug. So I have to stay seated, and bring out the positive in the situation such as "good hustle" when the player gets out at home. Or "great swing" when there is a strike out. I honestly think there is good in everything, I'm one of those It can ALWAYS be worse people. I can only hope most of them hear my cheers and positive energy as they return to the dug out disappointed.
How to be a Positive Parent at Your Child's Game
- Encourage Team Behavior. While sometimes it's easy to be near your child at a softball game, or your child to come out of the dugout and talk to you, encourage your player to stay with her team. She needs to be cheering on her teammates, paying attention to errors and good plays. If your child isn't on the field, make sure she stays in the dug out.
- Teach Fun and Encouraging Songs and Chants. "Let's Go, Jane! Let's Go!" is one simple chant that team members can shout to cheer the team on. There are also several songs players can sing in the dug out.
- Focus on the Positive. While a player can get easily frustrated she didn't make a play or got struck out, focus on the positive. Mentioning she had good form on her swing, noticing and rewarding a "good hustle" always helps to show the positive in every situation.
- Support the Coaches and Team Managers. Usually with little league, the coaching is a volunteer position. Sometimes it's hard to find volunteers to coach. Make sure you support the coaches and if you have any issues, talk to them privately. There is a good chance they are learning how to coach and will be happy you came to them with their issue rather than talking behind their back or shouting during the game.
- Be a Good Spectator. Treat others as you would want to be treated. Bite your tongue when you don't agree with an umpire's call. Don't argue with what is happening on the field, as you are only a spectator.
If you visit Kroger the weekend of 6/15-6/18, you'll see in-store demos with samples, recipes, education and the newest OREO Cookie Flavor Salted Caramel as well as the limited edition flavors OREO Red Velvet, OREO Birthday Cake and OREO Cinnamon Bun.
So head out and grab these great offers, fun new flavors and your softball life will be "Wonderfilled" with OREO cookies!
Visit the OREO Cookie Wonder Vault Page
Need additional softball inspiration? Check out our other posts: