Our American Flag Treats on a Stick are the perfect addition to a 4th of July BBQ!
If you’re like me, your 4th of July is always crazy busy. We live by several small towns where the 4th of July is a big celebration. There’s 3 parades that we like to attend because each one is so uniquely different, outdoor art fairs, family get togethers, and of course a large firework display to end the evening. All while dressed in red, white, and blue and with glow sticks.
A few hours before the fireworks start, our whole family gets together and sets up a large table and we all gather for dinner. Last year I made this awesome festive trifle but this year I cannot wait to make these American Flag Treats on a Stick, all by using a Twinkie as a base. Now while the adults might not be in the mood for a candy coated Twinkie, I know the kids will love them. I mean who doesn’t love a Twinkie.
How to make our American Flag Treats on a Stick:
- Melt your bag of white candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dunk your Twinkie into the melted chocolate, cover completely, remove with a fork or spatula and set onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Place a lollipop stick into the bottom of your white chocolate covered Twinkie.
- In 2 separate microwave safe bowls, melt 1 cup each of your red and blue candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour them into decorating bags.
- Cut a small tip off the decorating bags and use your red bag to draw lines onto the bottom 3/4 of your Twinkies and your blue bag to draw a blue corner onto the top left of your twinkle. Then finish the top right corner off with a few more red stripes.
- Sprinkle white sugar pearls on the blue candy melts to create stars.
- Let your American Flag Twinkies set for about 30 minutes to completely harden, serve, and enjoy!
You might also enjoy our other 4th Of July Treats: