This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #SaveSnackScore #CollectiveBias
I'm a new softball parent. Last year my daughter was on a summer t-ball team that was a very laid back league. Short games, lots of learning and rarely was there an out! But this year she has stepped up her game and is on a softball team that actually had a double play at the last game! It was so exciting for all of us softball parents!
Since I'm now a softball parent, I need to keep my car stocked with everything necessary for game days. Some weeks we have only 1 practice and 1 game. Other weeks we have 1 practice and 3 games so I need to be prepared! Sometimes my youngest son is in tow, sometimes he is not. Either way it's "game on" for this mom!
How to Stock your Vehicle for Baseball & Softball Games
The first thing you need to do as a softball parent, is clean out your vehicle and find a place for a dedicated stash of sideline goods. I used the trunk of the car, but sometimes you can store things under the seats or in the stowaway compartments. No matter where you choose to store your items, make sure it's clean and empty.
Next, you'll want to gather all of your supplies. Here is everything you will need for upcoming softball and baseball games:
- blanket - for keeping warm or for using as a seat on the ground
- hand and foot warmers - for those chilly evening games
- first aid kit - because you never know when that slide to first will rip apart the pants
- water - to stay hydrated
- POWERADE® drinks - for when you get thirsty during all the cheering
- empty shopping bags - to use for trash and muddy wet clothing
- sunscreen - to protect your skin from sun exposure
- wipes - for hands
- RITZ Bits Cracker Sandwiches and NABISCO Savory Snack Mix - to keep you energized for cheering
- toys for siblings - small cars and their own glove and ball to play catch
- container (optional) to hold all items
Once you have all of your items together, start by organizing it in a container. A sturdy cardboard box works, or this cute plastic bin that I nabbed at Walmart. You may not need a container if you are using your stowaway compartments in your vehicle.
- Begin by placing your water and POWERADE® drinks in the basket.
POWERADE® 8pk 20oz is on rollback at Walmart! Grab your favorite flavor!
- Tuck in your first aid kit, plastic shopping bags, wipes and sunscreen.
- Sneak in your hand and foot warmers
- Add some RITZ Bits Cracker Sandwiches for snacks
Grab these in-store coupons from NABISCO!
--coupon neck hanger on POWERADE® (8pk 20oz) Save $1.50 on NABISCO 20-pack Multipack
--coupon sticker on boxes of Nabisco snack packs : Savings of .75 when you purchase a 12-pack or larger NABISCO Multipack
- Don't forget your glove and ball and a small bag of toys for siblings. We use cars and trucks because they work great on the bleachers or in the grass to entertain little ones.
- Tuck it all into your vehicle and you're ready to tackle your sideline parent role!
That's it! That's everything you need to be prepared and ready to cheer on your player this softball or baseball season! For additional inspiration on being the best sideline hero, click here! Plus when you shop at Walmart, you'll save on POWERADE® and NABISCO!
Check out some of our other great tips & recipes: