Kids will love this easy Secret Life of Pets Max the dog craft!
Secret Life of Pets is coming out this Friday so why not celebrate and make this cute and simple Max the dog craft with the kids? My kids have been watching Secret Life of Pets previews over and over again on YouTube the last few weeks and they can’t get enough. I think the movie seems cute, too and can’t wait to see it with them this weekend! I absolutely love the story line and Max the dog is one of my favorite characters so far. If you haven’t seen the previews, the movie is about what our beloved pets do when their owners leave for the day and all the mischief they get into.
My kids love to do crafts and I always have a plethora of craft stuff for them to go through. This craft was perfect for them and you only need a few items:
- small paper plates
- light brown acrylic paint
- light brown and black craft foam
- large googly eyes
- large black sharpie marker
- glue stick
- Once you have all your materials together, use the sponge paint brush to paint a large half circle on Max’s face and let dry a few hours. To speed up the drying process, you can use a hair dryer on low heat.
- When Max’s face is dry, give him two large googly eyes.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut out a black nose for Max. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Use the glue stick to attach and draw him a mouth.
- Cut out two eyebrows for Max and attach with glue.
- Finally, cut out two large floppy ears from the light brown foam. Gently bend the tops. If needed, set a heavy book on the fold so that the fold stays. Use the glue stick to attach to the top of the plate.
- You will also want to make:
- Secret Life of Pets Max Cupcakes
- Finding Dory Soap
- Secret Life of Pets Duke Cupcakes