We’ve found Nemo, now let’s work on Finding Dory and make this fun soap!
I remember going to see Finding Nemo with a girlfriend when I was home one summer from college. Wow. That was a long time ago! Now I have a husband, a different dog and two kids! I remember it being one of the first Disney movies I went to see in a theater as an adult. I loved the adult humor it had and I’m actually really looking forward to taking my six year old to see Finding Dory! Of course after we watch Dory I’ll have to introduce her to the Nemo movie. No, she hasn’t seen it yet. Yes, she’s living a sheltered life. She’s well aware of Nemo but hasn’t seen the movie yet.
When I stumbled upon these amazing Dollar Tree Nemo and Dory figurines, I grabbed them and had to make something fun for the kids – soap it is! I love these soaps because they and super easy for small hands to handle. My three year old can grab the top figure and rub the soap bottom onto his hand with ease. The other bar soaps usually slip out of his hands and pretty much slide all around the bathroom. I have no idea how that even happens, but it does! Plus, they are super cute!
Grab your soap materials at Michaels:
- Art Minds Clear Glycerin Soap
- Art Minds Soap Mold
- Dory Figurines from the Dollar Tree
- Glass Measuring Cup
- Sharp Knife
- Rubbing Alcohol in a Small (travel size) Spray Bottle
- Begin by spraying your soap mold and figurines generously with rubbing alcohol. Set aside to air dry
- Use a sharp knife to cut 4 bricks of soap from the block and place into your microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until completely melted. You might have to toss it back into the microwave for about 20 seconds if it doesn’t seem to be melting.
- Pour a small amount of soap into the bottom of the mold. Spritz with alcohol to remove bubbles. You may have to wait a few minutes and spray again with alcohol to remove bubbles. Let set for about 5-10 minutes or until firm to the touch. When you touch it gently, it should be dry, but your finger will be able to sink into the soap.
You want a small amount of soap (about 1/4″) in the bottom first so that your mold isn’t sitting right on the bottom of the soap.
- Now it’s time to set your figure into the center of the soap in the mold. Then pour additional soap around the figuring (you’ll probably have to microwave again as anything left in your bowl has also set up). Spray with alcohol to remove bubbles.
- Set aside for about an hour until set. Pop it into the freezer to completely set. When set, about another hour later, pop the soap easily out of the molds.
Try making this TMNT Soap, too!
Or this Finding Dory Paper Bag Craft
Leave a Reply