These turkey marshmallow peeps will be perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
I love Thanksgiving, because I love food. The smell of turkey cooking in the oven and the amount of food on the table just makes me happy! Not to mention all the family that fills our home and the belly laughs, naps on the couch and constant grazing in the kitchen! Making these super cute marshmallow peeps for Thanksgiving are something my kids and I love to do! And since we grab a big bag of candy corn, we all enjoy sampling a few before we begin!
These easy-to-make turkey marshmallow peeps look great at each place setting, or arranged on a white ceramic platter, or wrapped in their own cellophane bag so guests can take them home to enjoy later.
How to Make Turkey Peeps:
- Open your peeps and place them on a flat surface.
- Pick out the best pieces of candy corn – that means you can sample the broken ones!
- Press five pieces of candy corn into one peep. Start with one in the center, and then two on each side to keep it even. Remove candy corn after making an indent into the peep.
- Place 20 candy melts into a ziplock sandwich bag, but do not seal. Place in the center of microwave and microwave for 15 seconds and knead after heating. Continue to heat in 10-15 second intervals, kneading with your fingers after each heating, until candy melts are melted and smooth.
- Trim the end of your plastic bag and pipe a dollop of candy melts into each hole of the peep. Add a piece of candy corn and hold for about 10 seconds while it sets/hardens.
- Repeat until all your peeps are complete.
If you love making these marshmallow peeps, try these adorable turkey oreo pops!