These Mermaid Tail Crayons are the perfect glittery art supply to make drawing more fun.
Mermaids seem to be the thing that's in right now. I've seen mermaid swimming tails, blankets (which I own), toys, etc. And I have to admit, I love it all. It brings out the little girl in me, I kind of want to go to the swimming pool and try out one of those tails. It all looks too fun, although I'd probably get some weird looks (mostly from my family).
My friend made these adorable mermaid cupcakes the other week, which inspired me to order these mermaid tail molds off Amazon and try to make some fun stuff of my own. Like these Mermaid Tail Crayons.
Homemade crayons are one of the easiest crafts you can make. Although it's a craft that requires an adult, the kids can still do a lot to help like peel and break the crayons (probably the only time us parents actually say go peel and break all your crayons), use the glitter and get the crayons out of the molds.
How to make our Mermaid Tail Crayons:
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper (to protect your baking sheet).
- Sprinkle a small amount of glitter into the mermaid tail mold and rub around with your fingertip.
- Peel off your crayon wrappers and break your crayons into 3-4 pieces.
- Place your broken crayons inside the mermaid tail mold and place the mermaid tail mold onto the lined baking sheet.
- Place in your preheated oven for about 5-8 minutes, checking halfway through to see if your crayons have fully melted.
- Once your crayons are fully melted, carefully remove your pan with a couple heating pads, let your mermaid tails cool on the pan for about 30 minutes, and then transfer to the freezer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Carefully stretch out the sides of the mold and press up on the bottom of the mold to remove your mermaid tails.
These Mermaid Tail Crayons are a perfect goody bag item, rainy day activity or an everyday coloring crayon. What colorful creations will you drawing with these Mermaid Tail Crayons?
You might also like our:
Doll Pin Mermaid Craft- If you have a mermaid lover in your life, you need to make this mermaid craft together!
Make Your Own Trolls Crayons- Our Make Your Own Trolls Crayons are full of happiness and rainbows.
Glittered Rainbow Slime- Our Glittered Rainbow Slime is easy to make and fun for the whole family to play with.