Our Glittered Rainbow Slime is easy to make and fun for the whole family to play with.
I love a fun weekend science project I can make with my son. He’s hasn’t been into making crafts with me lately but if I call it a science experiment, he’s in. I get it though, how in the world does sticky liquid glue become something you can play with for hours and not be an absolute sticky mess just by adding a couple ingredients. You can have fun and learn along with your kids by making our Glittered Rainbow Slime.
How to make Glittered Rainbow Slime:
- 2 1/2 Cups Hot Water, divided
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- 1 1/4 Cups Liquid Craft Glue
- Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, and Blue Food Coloring
- Silver Extra Fine Glitter
- 5 Disposable Cups
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper paper on your work surface before you get started.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring to each cup plastic cup.
- Add a 1/4 cup of glue and 1/4 cup of water to each plastic cup and mix until combined (optional: add 1 teaspoon of glitter to each cup).
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups of hot water with 1 teaspoon Borax and stir for about a minute to let the borax partially dissolve.
- Pour a 1/4 cup of your Borax water into each cup of colored glue and stir well.
- Knead each color slime with your hands until each color has a slime like consistency.
After you’re done making and playing with your slime, try adding a little vinegar to see the reaction it makes! Will your slime still be slime?
You might also like our other rainbow posts: