Looking for another new Elf on the Shelf idea today? Check out this fun little last minute idea for your elf to put together a puzzle!
Elf on the Shelf Puts a Puzzle Together
How cute is this?! I love being able to use items already available to get my kids giggling when they greet the elf this year! By using a puzzle like this Cars themed one, the kids will see something they love that their elf also loves. How fun is that?!
What are The Elf on the Shelf Rules?
If this is your first year with the Elf on the Shelf visiting your home, you probably want to follow the rules closely. While there are different things everyone does for their own family, below are the basics that all families will follow.
- The elf moves every night while the kids are sleeping.
- Kids are not supposed to touch the elf or he loses his magic.
- The elf goes back to the North Pole after Christmas.
Feel free to add more rules to your own elf and children to fit your family and needs. There is no right or wrong here. It's all about having fun!
What Do I Need to Setup This Elf on the Shelf Idea?
All you need for this easy idea is a basic jigsaw puzzle and your elf! I like the idea of using one that the kids have already been making or working on together. It's even better if they are done and the elf tears it apart to put it together himself!
Another great idea is to make this about the Elf unwrapping one of their presents. Buy a new puzzle and have it half wrapped with the elf crawling out of the box. This gives the kids a fun present for the next day and makes the elf the silly one!
What Elf on the Shelf Accessories do I Need?
The elf itself is really all you have to have, but I have to admit it's fun buying all the cute little clothes and accessories. If you want to add something fun to your kit this year, check out some of our favorite ideas below!
- Elf on the Shelf Soaring Snowflake Sled Set - great for winter landscape ideas
- Sweater Set with 5 Unique Motifs - I love this idea because it has ways to change it each day!
- Elf on the Shelf Party Dress - Super fun for a Nutcracker themed idea
- Fishing Hut for Elf on the Shelf - Ice fishing is a great theme for your little elf!
- Elf on the Shelf Donut Be Naughty PJ's - so cute for that sleepover with the other action figures!
- Miniature Tennis Shoes for Elf on the Shelf (plus bag for storage)
- Elf on the Shelf Face Mask - A great way to encourage kids to wear their 2020 COVID-19 face masks.
- Miniature Donuts & Hot Cocoa - Perfect for a morning your Elf delivers donuts to the kids!
More Elf on the Shelf Ideas
We've all been there where we wake up early in the morning and realize we forgot to move the elf. This year, don't stress about it any more! Instead, check out some of our best ideas below for making your Elf shenanigans even more fun for the kids!
- Easy Elf on the Shelf Quarantine Idea
- Elf on the Shelf Wasting Toilet Paper
- Last Minute Elf on the Shelf Bakes a Cake Idea
- How to Make a Bendable Elf on the Shelf
- Elf on the Shelf Igloo Idea
- Housekeeping Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- DIY Elf on the Shelf Troll Wig
- The Best Last Minute Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- 20 More Elf on the Shelf Ideas