Spending time with your family in the fall is the best! Check out our Fall Bucket List for simple, inexpensive and fun ideas for your family.
Fall is one of my favorite times of year. It’s a little chilly, leaves are changing colors, there’s football to watch, okay there’s football for my husband to watch, scents of pumpkin and cinnamon fill the air, and apple cider is everywhere. Here are some of my favorite family activities to do in fall!
- Go to your local apple orchard and pick apples: Local apples are always the best!
- Make spaghetti with spaghetti squash: Much healthier than noodles and your kids won’t even know the difference.
- Go on a hay ride: Our local farms have great hay rides, the leaves are changing colors, they have hot cider, it really makes a great family outing.
- Make homemade apple cider: Nothing better than sipping on hot apple cider on a chilly fall day.
- Bake an apple pie: Use your local apples to bake a few apple pies, gift them to your family, friends, and neighbors, they will love it!
- Go pumpkin picking: Pumpkin farms have such a variety of pumpkins, no two are identical. Let each family member pick out their own, it’s fun to see which one everyone choose.
- Jump in a pile of leaves: Have the kids help you rake the yard and let them jump in the leaves, who cares if you have to rake them up a little more at the end. Let them have fun!
- Roast marshmallows: At the end of the day, start up your fire pit and roast some marshmallows for dessert.
- Bake cookies: Yum! Warm chocolate chip cookies! No better excuse needed to eat cookies.
- Play football: Get the whole family and neighbors together for a game of flag football, you’ll feel like a kid again.
- Fall family pictures: Get your family in their best plaid and have a friend come out and take family pictures for you.
- Make caramel apples: Super easy and just a little messy, but SOO yummy!
- Blankets: Time to take out all those cozy blankets you put away for the summer!
- Go to a corn maze: I don’t think I’ve ever been to one but they look super fun!
- Decorate: Fill your porch with hay, pumpkins, gourds, and mums. You’ll have the most cute and festive house on the block.
- Relax and read a book: Cozy up with your favorite book and get lost in the pages.
- Roast pumpkin seeds: Check out Pinterest for lots of pumpkin seed recipes.
- Make chili: Invite a couple families over and have a small chili cookout, one spicy, one white, and one regular chili to satisfy the whole group.
These are just some of my favorite things to do in the fall, do you have a favorite? Let us know in the comments!