This DIY Shabby Chic Terra Cotta Pot is sure to add lots of style to your space with little cost.
I've been seeing this blue-grey color everywhere lately, on cabinets, walls, painted furniture, etc. and I can't get enough. It reminds me of the sea and is a perfect combo to the grey we've been seeing all over Pinterest and loving. My house is already a combo of light grey, dark grey, and coral so I've been wanting to bring in small hues of this color and there's no better way to do it than inexpensively and yourself.
Terra Cotta Pots are one of the most inexpensive ways to make a big impression. They are heavy duty and you can paint and decorate them any color to match your space. Adding a terra cotta pot to your decor is a great way to add accent colors.
How to make a DIY Shabby Chic Terra Cotta Pot:
- House Plant
- Fresh Soil
- Terra Cotta Pot
- Blue-Grey Enamel Craft Paint (or mix teal and black)
- Foam Paint Brush
- Hemp Twine
- Burlap Flower
- Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun
- Lay out a couple sheets of newspaper before you get started.
- Use your foam paint brush to paint your terra cotta pot with your blue-grey paint, let dry, paint a second coat, and let that dry.
- Glue the end of your twine on the back center of the painted pot, wrap the twine around about 9 times, cut, and secure the end with glue.
- Glue the burlap flower onto the front of the wrapped twine.
- Replant your house plant with a little fresh soil, water, and display your work of art!
These DIY Shabby Chic Terra Cotta Pots also make great gifts so make a few extra pots to give as mother's day gifts, teacher appreciation gifts, get well pick me ups or birthday gifts!
You might also like our: