These 7 Spring Decorations are affordable, easy to make, and add seasonal decor to your home!
Spring might officially happen in March, but in Michigan, spring could happen anytime from March 20th through Memorial Day in May. You really never know what the weather will be like between these 2 months. We could have mounds of snow, or wet puddles or freezing temperatures. When I was a kid, I remember it snowed on Mother’s Day. But with daylight savings time making the days seem so much longer, I’m always excited to add spring decorations around the house to get me in the mood for the new season.
- Update Your Front Door: Since your front door is often the first thing a guest sees, make this easy and affordable no sew Rainbow Rag Wreath with your favorite spring fabric colors. Or try our fun Watermelon Rag Wreath you can keep hanging through summer.
- Add Some Pillows: Pillows can add a nice pop of color to your living spaces. You don’t have to buy new pillows, simply cover the ones you have with these easy-to-sew throw pillows. The best part: you can remove the cover when the season changes and you can toss them into the wash if something gets on them.
- Frame it: Don’t replace all of the frames in your home with new ones, that’s too expensive! Just temporarily cover something you already have in a frame with this Spring Bird Stencil. It’s easy to make and will add a fun pop of color to your home.
- Add an Arrangement: Head over to Commercial Silk and grab this Bird Succulent Arrangement. When it arrives, you pull it out of the box and find a fun place for it in your home. I absolutely love this! It’s cute and neutral so it matches literally any decor. Grab another, because once you see it, you’ll wish you had one to give away as a gift!
- Decorate Pottery Pots: Make some new terra cotta pottery pots for your plants in your home. We have an easy to make tutorial that you’ll enjoy. Add fun spring colors that compliment your home decor.
- Make Your Own Planters: Small succulent plants are all the rage, and they add an easy pop of springtime color to your home. Upcycle some old planters and maker your own Succulent Planters to use as spring decorations around your home.
- Mason Jar Topiary: If you’re worried about using live plants, you can always swap out real for faux. Try these amazing green orbs. You’ll get 6 to a package and with a few simple materials can make these fun spring decorations. Check out the directions below.
Commercial Silk has an amazing product line of faux greens for your home. Perfect for indoor and outdoor use, you won’t be disappointed by the quality of their product and the fast shipping. Make sure you connect with Commercial Silk on Social Media.
How to Make Spring Decorations for Your Home-Mason Jar Topiary
- 3 Wide Mouth Pint Size Mason Jars
- White Chalk Paint
- Sandpaper (220 grit)
- Paint Brush
- Natural Raffia
- 3 Twig Berry Orbs
- Paint your mason jars with paint. I used one coat and let dry completely.
- Use sand paper to gently remove paint from the raised areas on the jar and create a little distressing on the flat areas.
- Place 1 jar between your knees. Take 3-4 pieces of natural raffia and tie it in a bow around the top of the jar. Trim the ends with scissors.
- Place your Berry Orb on top of the jar and display for some fun spring decorations within your home. You can display all 3 together or separate them into three different places in your home! They add a fun burst of green color perfect for spring decorations.
Disclaimer: I received product in exchange for a review. All opinions are 100% mine.