Our DIY Rock Dominoes are a perfect game to bring camping or to your next summer outing.
Summer is such a popular time for camping in Michigan. The weather is finally warm enough to spend all day and night enjoying the outdoors. I love hiking, cooking over the campfire, and visiting with friends/family but one thing that isn't so fun is trying to keep everyone occupied. The kids love being busy all the time but when the adults need their down time, our DIY Rock Dominoes come in handy.
It's easy to play dominoes. Grab a total of 4 players and place your dominoes face down, pick 7 Rock Dominoes each, and the player with the highest double places it face up to start the game. Continue to move around the table playing a domino as it fits. The first person to run out of dominoes wins! If you've never played a game of dominoes before you should check out this book.
How to Make Your Own Rock Dominoes:
- 28 Oval Shaped Rocks
- Martha Stewart Craft Paint
- Painter's Pen
- Foam Paint Brush
- Scrap Paper or Newspaper
- Lay out your newspaper or scrap paper before you get started.
- Paint all 28 rocks blue using a foam paint brush and let them dry on your scrap paper (they dry very fast).
- Use a darker blue paint pen to draw a line across the center of your rocks as pictured.
- Draw the following dots onto your rocks on each side of your blue line using your blue paint pen and let them dry.
- Blank:1, 1:1
- Blank:2, 1:2, 2:2
- Blank:3, 1:3, 2:3, 3:3
- Blank:4, 1:4, 2:4, 3:4, 4:4
- Blank:5, 1:5, 2:5, 3:5, 4:5, 5:5
- Blank:6, 1:6, 2:6, 3:6, 4:6, 5:6, 6:6
If you want to keep your dominoes outside, you can spray them with a clear coat spray paint to make them waterproof and play with them rain or shine.
You might also like to check out our: