This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RevUpF8 #CollectiveBias
This DIY Racetrack for Toy Cars is perfect for the Fast & Furious fans in your home!
Eight is Great! On July 11th, The DVD for Fast & Furious – F8 was released! I’m excited for this new film, The Fate of the Furious. I’ll be grabbing a copy as soon as I can from Walmart! I’ve followed all of the Fast & Furious™ movies and I’m excited that this movie features a handful of Motor City Cars!
Being from Michigan, I can assure you I’m aware of the auto industry presence. My father-in-law retired from one of the local car companies, and my husband is a big car lover. Seeing the presence of cars made in Michigan in the Fast & Furious™ F8 movie is exciting! And now my kids can enjoy the vehicles with Fast & Furious™ toys available at Walmart!
I grabbed a Fast & Furious™ playset and some diecast cars for my kids. We set out on a fun sunny afternoon to create the ultimate obstacle course racetrack!
How to Make a DIY Racetrack for Toy Cars
You’ll need to grab a few items to make the ultimate obstacle course racetrack for toy cars!
- Fast & Furious™ Deluxe Scene Playset
- Fast & Furious™ 5 Pack Vehicle Assorted
- Sand & 2 Sandwich Bags
- Small Rocks or Pebbles
- White Pom Poms
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Car Launching Ramp (directions below)
- Assemble your Fast & Furious™ Playset according to the package directions. Take your toy outside and place it onto a flat surface such as a driveway or porch.
- Extend the playset track by drawing with sidewalk chalk.
- Place white pom poms on the extended racetrack. These are the snowballs your vehicles can plow through!
- Fill the sandwich bags with a small amount of sand and fold over to close the bag. Place them on either side of the race track and pour a little water into the center of the track to create a water hazard.
- Place a small amount of pebbles onto the track to create a gravel area.
- Place a sand trap on the track by putting sand onto the concrete.
- Set your ramp up to launch your vehicles into the air (Directions below to make a ramp.)
Once you create this racetrack for toy cars, you’ll be surprised how long your kids will sit and play with their new toys! Plus, the added items allow them to move the rocks and snowballs to other areas of the track and create a new race path.
How to Make a Car Launching Ramp
- Blue Craft Sticks
- White Glue
- Diagonal Cutters
- Line up 4 craft sticks on a flat surface.
- Use diagonal cutters to cut 1 craft stick to fit inside the four sticks. Attach the two pieces with white glue.
- Create 2 ramp side supports by gluing the sticks together as shown.
- Once the ramp and the side support glue has dried, assemble the ramp by gluing the sides as shown. Let dry completely before using.
Need some other ideas to keep your kids busy? Try these:
Leave a Reply