Our Popsicle Stick Fox Craft is easy to make and reminds you of adorable woodland animals.
Last winter I went on a snowshoeing adventure for my first time with my son’s class. We were able to track a Red Fox by its footprints and see where it lives. It was a pretty awesome adventure and ever since then it has been my son’s favorite animal.
I find it rather neat that a fox can not only live in a cold environment but also in deserts, mountains and grasslands. Foxes can even adapt to human environments, not that I recommend keeping a wild animal for a pet, but it is pretty fantastic.
I recommend making a craft of your child’s favorite animal and that way you can learn about it together. I know we had a ton of fun making this Popsicle Stick Fox Craft.
5 Awesome Red Fox Facts:
- Red foxes are the largest of the true foxes.
- They can jump super high and can swim well.
- Foxes have amazing senses and can hear when an animal is underground.
- Foxes only live about 3 years in the wild.
- They use their tails not only for balance but to cover themselves in chilly climates.
How to make our Popsicle Stick Fox Craft:
- jumbo craft sticks
- black and white felt
- orange card stock
- orange acrylic craft paint
- large googly eyes
- hot glue/hot glue gun
- Glue 3 jumbo craft sticks together into the shape of a triangle and paint your triangle orange and let dry.
- Trace your triangle onto the orange paper and cut it out slightly smaller than the traced line and glue it to the back of your jumbo craft stick triangle.
- Cut a small triangle out of black felt, round the edges with your scissors, and glue to the bottom point to create a nose.
- Cut 2 ice cream shaped pieces from white felt about 3 inches in length and glue the points under the black felt nose.
- Glue your googly eyes onto the white felt as shown.
- Cut 2 triangle ears out of orange card stock and glue to the top back of the fox’s head.
- Attach a magnet to the back and place onto your refrigerator if desired!
Learn more about this amazing mammal by reading this book, it might become your new favorite animals as well.
You might also like to make our:
- Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids – Our Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids is the perfect project to make during a chilly fall day.
- DIY Candy Corn Fall Decor – This easy DIY Candy Corn decor will look great all through the fall season and Halloween!
- Fall Decorations – Paper Pumpkins – You will be excited to make these paper pumpkins to dress up the fall decorations in your home.