This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ServeWithACoke #Kroger #CollectiveBias
A low-key summer at home date night is just what you and your significant other need! This simple act can help you relax, reconnect and enjoy the quiet.
I cannot believe the summer is half over! I consider the 4th of July the midway point to the summer and it’s come and gone. This happens every summer, my family and I seem to run out of time, even with the extra hours of daylight! But one thing I always try to make time for are summer date nights at home with my husband.
My husband and I work. A lot. We both truly love our jobs and have high expectations for ourselves and our colleagues. We work hard and give 110% all the time. We are passionate about providing quality work and excellent communication. And doing this 5 days a week is exhausting. By the time Friday comes around, we are both ready to relax.
One of my favorite things to plan on Friday nights are summer at home date nights. We go “out” in our back yard. It’s low-key adult time and we both look forward to it. I swing by Kroger and pick up some sushi from the sushi bar. There are several reasons I do this:
- It’s delicious, fresh sushi. You can even watch your sushi being made while you are in the store!
- The variety at the sushi bar is amazing. From fully cooked to vegetarian to authentic raw fish, you’ll find it at the fresh sushi bar near the produce and deli section.
- My kids are in bed and cannot sneak my food or complain they don’t like it!
I also grab a Diet Coke® . It’s my Friday night guilty pleasure. I absolutely love pairing it with fresh sushi. My husband and I like to try new flavors, so we can grab our favorites: California Roll and Summer Veggie Rolls, but I also like to pick up a different flavor and tonight it was a Dynamite Roll. This usually ends up being our dinner. Our Adult at home date night dinner! And it’s perfect! We can gobble it all up, sip our favorite beverages, without any comments from the “peanut gallery!”
How to Create a Summer at Home Date Night
- Head to Kroger and pick up some fresh sushi from the sushi bar. Pair it with your favorite bottle of Diet Coke or smartwater. Grab an in-store coupon and save $1 when you purchase sushi and smartwater 1L or Diet Coke 20oz. While supplies last.
- Put the kids to bed.
- Grab a comfy chair for you and your significant other, or better yet a bench you can both sit on.
- Grab some firewood for your fire pit and start a fire.
- Keep bug spray handy just in case the biting bugs are out!
- Spend time with your significant other, sipping your beverages, nibbling on sushi and putting away the cell phones.
Your summer at home date night doesn’t have to be elaborate! In fact, the more low-key the better. I encourage comfy clothes and shoes as well as a relaxed attitude. The goal is to enjoy each other’s company, reconnect and enjoy the quiet.
Looking for some amazing at home date night food and beverage pairings? Click here.
Need some other date ideas? Check out: