Our Scarecrow Pudding Cups are the perfect crafty snack for a sweet fall treat and your kids will love them.
So yesterday was the first day of fall and I think we broke some sort of heat record here in Michigan. There was a heat index of 95 degrees. Yes! 95 degrees at the end of September, it’s been warmer than most summer days. We’ve been spending our first little bit of Fall swimming in our local lakes, lounging on the beach, and watching football with tank tops and sunglasses.
So, while we were making some Fall crafts, it felt a little bit crazy to be making scarecrows while it was 95 degrees but we had to get out of the heat for a little while.
During the Spring we made some pretty cool Leprechaun Hats from our green Jell-O cups and wanted to make something fun for Fall, so we thought of these super awesome Scarecrow Pudding Cups. A treat you can craft and then enjoy!
How to make our Scarecrow Pudding Cups:
- butterscotch pudding cups
- 1 1/2″ burlap ribbon
- googly eyes
- black Sharpie marker
- hot glue/hot glue gun
- orange card stock
- Cut our several small triangles from your orange card stock, trace the outline with a black marker, and glue it to the center of the from of your pudding cup.
- Use your black Sharpie marker to draw a wavy smile under the nose with dashes throughout.
- Now glue two googly eyes above the nose.
- Cut about 10 pieces of raffia into about 4-5″ sections, tie the center with another piece, and glue the center above the googly eyes (you can glue down the sides as well).
- Then cut a 5″ piece of burlap ribbon and glue both sides to the pudding cup top so the front will look like a hat.
You might also enjoy our other festive crafts and recipes:
Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids – Our Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids is the perfect project to make during a chilly Fall day.
Easy Apple Crisp – This easy apple crisp recipe is perfect for fall!
Paper Pumpkins – You will be excited to make these paper pumpkins to dress up the fall decorations in your home.