Our Raccoon Craft for Kids is a perfect indoor craft activity for a chilly Fall day!
One summer we took a trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore to go camping for the weekend and during out trip we went kayaking down one of the rivers. The river is half through the wood and half through an area with houses. As we were making out way down the river, we saw a family of raccoons drinking water and playing by the river bank. It’s the closest I’ve ever been to a raccoon other than seeing one digging through my garbage, probably because they are mostly out during night time.
They’re actually cool little creatures, they have 5 fingers on each paw that allow them to open doors, bottles, jars, etc. and make them great climbers! But I think if I actually saw a raccoon try to open a door it might freak me out a little bit.
Even though a lot of people think of raccoons as more of a nuisance, they are actually pretty adorable. I mean look at this Raccoon Craft for Kids.
- jumbo craft sticks
- grey craft paint
- black and white felt
- larger googly eyes
- foam paint brush
- hot glue/hot glue gun
- Carefully glue 3 craft sticks together to make a triangle and paint your triangle grey with your foam paint brush.
- Trace the outside of your triangle onto a piece of white felt, cut it out and glue it onto the back of your painted triangle.
- Cut out 2 triangles with rounded edges from your black felt for eyes, 2 smaller triangles from your black felt for ears, and one even smaller triangle with rounded edges for a nose.
- Place your painted triangle with a point facing down and glue your ears onto the back top, eyes onto the front right under the top craft stick and the nose onto the bottom point.
- Glue one googly eye onto each black felt eye.
Make both of our cute woodland animal crafts like this Raccoon Craft for Kids and our Popsicle Stick Fox Craft.
You might also like our:
- Popsicle Stick Fox Craft – Our Popsicle Stick Fox Craft is fun to make and reminds you of adorable woodland animals.
- Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids – Our Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids is the perfect project to make during a chilly Fall day.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Craft – This Thanksgiving turkey craft is easy to make and looks great in your home.