Our Popsicle Stick Pencil Craft for Kids is a great project to get your little ones excited about the school year!
I don’t even like to think about summer ending and the school year starting back up. I enjoy the warm weather, the beach, spending time outdoors with my family and friends, the list goes on. And I know my family feels the same way, that’s why I like to try and think of fun stuff to get everyone excited about school by back to school shopping, bento style lunches, and back to school crafts with stuff I already keep in the house like this Popsicle Stick Pencil Craft.
How to make our Popsicle Stick Pencil Craft:
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Yellow acrylic paint
- Foam paint brush
- Elmer’s glue
- Black Sharpie
- White and pink card stock
- Aluminum foil
- Make a white paper pencil by placing three jumbo craft sticks next to each other onto a piece of white card stock to measure how wide you need your white paper pencil to be, leave 2″ on top and 2″ on the bottom, cut out your rectangle, and cut one end to a point.
- Lay out a piece of scrap paper and paint three jumbo craft sticks yellow and let dry.
- Glue your three yellow craft sticks onto the paper pencil and color the point of your pencil with your black Sharpie.
- Cut out a 1″ tall pink rectangle the same width as your pencil, round the top corners, and glue to the top of your pencil on the white paper.
- Then cut a strip of aluminum foil, fold the edges in, glue, and wrap around the pencil where the eraser and yellow craft sticks meet.
- Use your Sharpie to write ‘No. 2’ onto the center yellow craft stick sideways and your Popsicle Stick Pencil Craft will be complete.
What are your favorite back to school crafts that you like to make with your kids? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also like our:
- Easy After School Snack for Kids
- DIY Glittered Alphabet Flashcards
- How to Organize for the School Year
Leave a Reply