I was given product to review in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
These DIY Glittered Alphabet Flashcards are the perfect craft to get your kids learning their letters.
It feels like summer just started in Michigan, probably because the weather just started reaching into the 80’s but school is just around the corner. I’ve already started buying school clothes, lunch boxes, and looking at school supplies. I start shopping early to get the best deals when they come available. Pretty soon you’ll start to notice crayons at .25 cents a box and Elmer’s School Glue at around .50 a bottle and when you see the deals, buy them then. You’ll never have too many crayons and bottles of glue and if you do you can always donate them to your kids classrooms.
I love doing crafts with little kids, their imagination and creativity is amazing and they LOVE glue! I always repeat the saying “a small dot does a lot” but they don’t care, it’s ooey, gooey, and fun. So when I found myself with bottles and bottles of glue I knew I had to start some back to school crafts with it like these DIY Glittered Alphabet Flashcards. That way the kids can learn their letters and/or numbers while using glue and glitter.
How to make our DIY Glittered Alphabet Flashcards:
- Colored card stock
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Large index cards
- White chalk marker
- Black ink pen or thin tipped marker
- Place about 4 pieces of card stick together, trace an index card onto the bottom corner of your card stock pile, and cut them out carefully with scissors.
- Repeat step 1 until you have 26 cards.
- Use an index card to trace a line across the top and bottom of each colored card horizontally, leaving about an 1/8″ space to the bottom and to the bottom like pictured.
- Then fold a index card in half and use it to mark a dashed line across the center of each colored card.
- Use your white chalk marker to draw one capital and one lowercase letter on each card starting with A, using the lines on the card.
- Now you can lay out a piece of scrap newspaper to start the fun part.
- Hand your kids a bottle of Elmer’s School Glue and have them trace the chalk letter with the glue by gently squeezing the bottle.
- Once a few cards are completed, have them sprinkle a little colored glitter onto the Alphabet Flash Cards, then carefully shake the excess glitter off.
- Let your DIY Glittered Alphabet Flashcards dry and use them to quiz your kids.
What other ways do you get your kids learning their letters and numbers? Tell us about them in the comment section below!
You might also enjoy our:
use these as rubbings …paper on top and rub with crayon and letter appears. I write their name in glue to learn names .