Grab some inexpensive plastic ornaments and a few pallet boards and you can make this pallet Christmas tree that is guaranteed to never drop needles!
Is it just me, or are Christmas decorations expensive? Perhaps, I'm cheap, but I just cannot see forking over $40 for some seasonal home decor items! Of course there are so many gorgeous things in the stores right now that I cannot help but look and dream that I have deep pockets, but in reality, I pass by a lot of things and try to make a few of my own home decor items.
This pallet project is so easy and inexpensive that my inner frugal-ness came alive when it began to take shape! I had lots of pallet boards from my summer pallet destruction project and I grabbed some green plastic bulbs from the Dollar Tree and Menards and my favorite hot glue gun and was on my way to something fun!
How to Make a Pallet Christmas Tree
You'll need a few things to make this pallet Christmas tree:
- 21 green shatterproof bulbs (about 1.5" in diameter)
- 4 gold shatterproof bulbs (about 1.5" diameter)
- 1 star shatterproof ornament (2.5")
- small colorful ornaments (about ¾" in diameter)
- 1 pallet board (16" x 14")
- hot glue
- ruler or measuring tape
- old toothbrush or soft brush
- Remove all of the strings from the green bulbs and star.
- Place your green bulbs onto the pallet board in a triangle shape. Place the gold bulbs on the board for the trunk. Use a ruler or tape measure to find the center of the board to make sure the tree is in the center.
- Use hot glue to affix the bulbs to the pallet board.
- Place additional bulbs in the center of the tree and affix with hot glue.
- Begin your second layer of bulbs and if necessary, remove the top of the bulb so that it sits better in between the bulbs. Affix with hot glue.
- Remove the entire top of the small colorful ornaments by pulling on the string and removing the top of the bulb. Place the bulbs randomly on the tree and affix with hot glue.
- Place the star on top of the tree with hot glue.
- Use an old toothbrush to remove any hot glue strings.
You'll also want to try these other easy Holiday Home Decor Projects: