Our homemade snowman decorations work well together as home decor or by themselves on the Christmas tree.
Using old grocery shopping bags, you can make these lovable snowman decorations to place around your house, hang on your tree, or gift to family and friends.
How to make Snowman Decorations
Grab a handful of materials, maybe even the kids, and make these snowmen!
- plastic shopping bags
- white yarn
- black buttons
- orange felt
- white thread
- masking tape
- low temp hot glue
- Flatten two shopping bags and fold them from the corners inward to create a ball. Squeeze most of the air out of the ball and secure it with several pieces of masking tape.
- Wrap white yarn around the ball until it is completely covered. Trim the end and affix to the ball with hot glue.
- Cut a piece of fleece to about 6″ x 10″ in length and cut another piece, about 1/2″ x 6″ in length to tie the hat. Lay the fleece on the table and fold the long end under twice to create the brim of the hat. Secure with hot glue.
- Wrap the fleece around the yarn ball and secure with hot glue to create a hat. Trim any excess fleece and secure with hot glue.
- Tie the thin strip of fleece around the hat and knot securely. Trim any excess.
- Cut a small felt nose out of orange felt.
- Attach black buttons for the eyes and mouth and the orange felt onto the yarn ball.
- To hang your snowman decorations, cut an 8″ piece of thread. Wrap around the back of the hat and add a slip knot to secure. And glue the hanger to the fleece.
Check out this post where we show you how to safely hang these ornaments on your delicate surfaces.
You’ll also want to make these fun holiday decorations.
Leave a Reply