Chances are you’ve seen at least one or two of the Ice Age movies and if you haven’t, you need too. Then you’ll want to run home and make these super cute Ice Age Soaps for your family.
I have this thing with soap, I spend way too much money on it. Some of my favorite scents are lavender, spearmint-ecualyptus, and lemon-veranda. There’s something about having clean hands that smell fantastic. I’ve made soaps in the past with my own scents and colors but I wanted to try out something a little more kid friendly. Like these adorable kid soaps using my sons little Ice Age figurines inside.
They are super easy to make and might even stop me from spending so much money on soap in the future. Manny and Sid are two of my favorite Ice Age Characters. Manny is a no-nonsense Mammoth and Sid is a goofy, happy go-lucky Sloth. The two together are absolutely hilarious. That’s why I chose them for my soaps.
Here’s a list of what you’ll need:
- Clear glycerin soap block
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
- Square soap mold
- Therapeutic grade essential oils (Vanilla and Lavender)
- Ice Age figurines
- Clear glass measuring cup
- Using a knife, cut off about 10 large ice cubes sized pieces from your glycerin soap block and place then into your glass measuring cup. Microwave your soap for about 2-3 minutes, stirring every 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Mix in two drops of lavender essential oil and two drop of vanilla essential oil.
- Spray your molds and figurines with a little rubbing alcohol. Pour enough melted soap into your mold to just cover the bottom, add in your figurines, and fill the rest of the way up with your melted soap.
- Spray the tops of the soaps with rubbing alcohol to prevent and get rid of any air bubbles.
- Place your soaps in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- To remove from the mold, pull on the sides of the molds and carefully push up on the bottom until they pop out.
To use your soaps: Run your soap under warm water, lather in the hands, and rinse.
Your kids will now want to wash their hands all the time..well at least after the bathroom! Hopefully!
Check out our other soap craft Finding Dory Soap.
Leave a Reply