“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and The J.M. Smucker Company, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #1850Coffee #1850CoffeeatMeijer http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”
Being a mom, I like to drink coffee. Ok, I don’t like drinking coffee….I actually LOVE it. It’s my lifeblood most days and it’s what seriously gets me through most mornings. When I was a kid, I remember my mom waking up super early every morning and the first thing she would do is put the coffee on. My dad wasn’t a huge coffee drinker but my mom would polish off several cups even before we left the house. My love of coffee didn’t begin until my college years. Maybe it was the feeling of being an adult and out on my own or maybe it was the all nighter’s that got me drinking it. Whatever the reason, I started drinking it in college and haven’t looked back since.
Now that I’m a mom, coffee is a definite staple in our household. I shop my local Meijer store several times a week and always make sure there is coffee in my shopping cart. A few weeks ago I picked up the new 1850 Brand Coffee. 1850 Brand Coffee is new on the market and from the makers of the classic coffee brand Folgers. Founded in 1850, Folgers has a long standing tradition of quality coffee and is what I grew up with. 1850 Brand Coffee is fire roasted, smooth and bold. It’s perfect for mom’s that need that extra everyday boost!
I love that the new 1850 Brand Coffee comes in a variety of flavors assortments. Not only do they offer ground coffee, they also have k-cups AND a delicious variety of iced coffee assortments that rival any coffee shop. The coffee is conveniently located in the coffee and beverage section at your local Meijer store.
With Mother’s Day being less than a week away I wanted to focus on ‘me’ time and why it’s important to take a few minutes for yourself each day. Whether it’s enjoying a delicious cup of 1850 Brand Coffee with a good book like me while the kids are still sleeping (hey, sneak in that ‘me’ time when you can!!) or enjoying a cup of coffee (alone) after the kids leave for school it’s important to sneak in those moments. They can make even the most frazzled moms feel whole again!
Easy Self Care Tips for Moms
- Enjoy that cup of 1850 Brand Coffee. Alone. I know, I know, it’s so hard to get a few moments alone but seriously, wake up a few minutes early and enjoy that hot cup of coffee all by yourself. I promise it will make you feel whole again.
- Read. You know that pile of books in your office that you keep ignoring? Why not start reading one of them. Yes, I just started reading a new book after it sat in my office corner for months. I’m trying practice what I preach. I love nothing more than sitting down with a hot cup of coffee and a good book in the afternoons before school pick-up. Even if it’s only for 20 minutes, it’s gives me a sense of relief.
- Nap. This one might be easier said than done but even if you can close your eyes for a few minutes, you will feel infinitely better.
- Exercise. Trust me on this one. I also need to get back on the exercise wagon!
- De-clutter. A clean space will make you feel much more efficient.
- Watch a movie. Just vegging out and watching a movie is a great way to relax.
- Listen to music. I love, love, love listening to my playlists when I driving to get the kids. It just puts me in a better mood.
- Paint your nails.
- Sit outside and enjoy the fresh air and sun.
- Write your thoughts down in a journal.