Try our Easy to Make Teacher’s Gift with Free Printable because your child’s teacher probably doesn’t need anymore coffee mugs.
If you didn’t get the chance to do something special for your child’s teacher for teacher appreciation week, it’s not too late. A late thank you is still a thank you and it’s always nice to feel appreciated no matter the date.
We have teachers in our family and I often see them come home with coffee mugs, sweets, etc., which is nice, don’t get me wrong. But I think a heart filled gift is better, something you put a little thought and time into and get the kids involved. And if you get some other parents together and throw in a gift certificate to a local salon or restaurant, I’m sure they wouldn’t complain.
How to make our Teacher’s Gift with Free Printable:
- 8″ Terra Cotta Pot and saucer
- White chalk paint
- Colorful Sharpies
- Paint brush
- Hole punch
- 3/8″ Ribbon
- Free Printable (at the bottom of post)
- Potting soil
- Potted plant or flower
- Lay out a few pieces of scrap newspaper before you get started.
- Paint your terra cotta pot and bottom white, let dry for several hours, paint a second coat, and let dry.
- Bring your white terra cotta pot into your child’s classroom (or art teacher) and have all the kids sign the pot with colorful Sharpie markers.
- Replant your plant of choice into the painted pot and water your plant.
- Cut out your free printable, punch a hole into the top left corner, and tie a piece of ribbon through the hole, and hot glue to the top of your pot (or wrap a long piece of ribbon around the pot to secure the tag).
The nice thing about our Easy to Make Teacher’s Gift with Free Printable is that it is the gift that keeps growing.
You might also like our: