Our Easy American Flag Cupcakes are so festive and delicious, you'll want to make them for your 4th of July dessert!
The 4th of July is a busy time for everyone, so why stress over making a fancy dessert for your family when you can make our Easy American Flag Cupcakes.
If you have a boxed cake mix, a can of frosting, and some food coloring you can make our Easy American Flag Cupcakes with just a few other household ingredients, that's what I love about them. You can make some cupcakes that look like you put a lot of effort into them when the secret is they really only took you 30 minutes and spent under $10.
How to make our Easy American Flag Cupcakes:
- White cake mix (oil, eggs, and water)
- Red and blue food coloring
- White cupcake liners
- 2 Tubs of vanilla frosting
- Red, white, and blue nonpareil sprinkles
- Decorating bags
- Large open star decorating tip
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together your cake mix, oil, eggs, and water with a hand or stand mixer.
- Evenly divide your cake batter between three bowls: color one red and one blue, leaving one white.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop your a little bit of each color batter into your cupcake liners, filling about ¾ of the way.
- Bake your Cupcakes for 15 minutes and let cool.
- While cooling, divide your vanilla frosting into 3 seperate bowls: Turn one red and one blue, leaving one white.
- Place a large open star decorating tip into the bottom of your decorating bag and fill your decorating bag up with a little of each color frosting and twist the top closed.
- Frost each cupcake in a swirl pattern starting at the outside and working your way in.
- Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
You might also want to check out our other 4th of July treats: