These DIY Thanksgiving decor ideas for your home will have your house ready for fall and Thanksgiving in no time!
With Thanksgiving on the horizon, our home is ready and decorated for fall. Heck, come September I am already thinking about fall decor and how I love to entertain for the holidays. My kids love my job and love that I work 2-3 months a head of schedule. That means I’m already thinking ahead to fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving in August.
I love DIY home decor for the holidays, it beats having to pay full price for something you know is only going to be displayed for a few month at the most and you can get the whole family involved or at least the kids. I don’t know if I could get my husband to make a turkey out of a wine bottle, but props if yours will. A couple of my favorite places to decorate is the fireplace mantel, my front porch, and the Thanksgiving table. Nothing beats a great decorated home.
Today on the blog, I’ve put together some fun, crafty and inexpensive Thanksgiving decor ideas that will carry you through fall and into the Holiday season. Grab a cup of coffee and let’s get started!
15 Thanksgiving Decor Ideas for Your Home
- Fall Decor from Dollar Tree from Mission to Save is the perfect for those on a budget and everything you need can be found at your local Dollar Tree Store!
- Dollar Store Thanksgiving Decor from Organized Island is inexpensive to make (materials are only $1 each!) and proves you don’t need a lot of money to make your home Thanksgiving ready.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Wall Art from Moms and Crafters is great if you’re in a rush and need something quickly. Simply print the wall art, frame and hang!
- Easy Wine Bottle Turkey Craft from Mainly Homemade. Are you wondering what to do with those leftover wines bottles? Turn one into a Thanksgiving turkey!
- DIY String Art Pumpkin from Crafts n’ Coffee is something the kids can help with. It’s a wonderful fine motor activity and looks great displayed in your home.
- Fall Place Card Holder from Making of a Mom. These place card holders are inexpensive yet they dress up your Thanksgiving table AND let everyone know where they are seated for dinner: double duty fall decor!
- DIY Thanksgiving Garland from Life is a Lullaby is easy to make and would look beautiful on your fireplace mantel.
- Upcycled Metal Pumpkin Tutorial from DIY Inspired uses fun metal ribbon from the craft store and look beautiful as a pumpkin!
- Simple Thanksgiving Door Wreaths from Quirky Inspired. Don’t forget the outside of your home! This fall themed wreath uses inexpensive tulle you can find at any local craft store.
- DIY Beaded Pumpkin – Kicking it with Kelly is simple to make and makes a gorgeous statement on your Thanksgiving table.
- DIY Fall Harvest Corn Mason Jar Craft from Thrifty Jinxy. I love mason jar crafts! Painting them is a unique and inexpensive way to spruce up your home for fall.
- Fall Fabric Scrap Wreath from This Mama Loves. I don’t know about you but I always have random pieces of leftover fabric laying around. This is a great way to use them up and spruce up your home for fall!
- Outdoor Thanksgiving Tablescape from Joy in The Works is perfect is you can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner outside. Here in Northern Michigan the weather doesn’t usually cooperate for an outdoor meal so I love this idea!
- Simple & Rustic Fall Wreath from Beauty in The Mess is a beautiful and inexpensive statement piece for your doors or wall.
- Fall Paper Pumpkins – Craft Create Cook will carry you from the end of August all the through Thanksgiving. They are easy to make and won’t break the bank.