We've got the cutest Thanksgiving table decor for your spread! These pilgrims are perfect for your guests to take home and enjoy!
There are several things I remember about Thanksgiving as a kid - the smell of turkey filling the house, way too much food, lots of family and cute little Thanksgiving table decorations my mom would make for everyone. It was often a cute sweet treat that everyone could take home after spending the day with family. I loved these little creations and the joy they brought to my mom's eyes when we lit up after seeing them.
Fast forward several years when I'm now hosting my own Thanksgiving, cooking my own turkey and making my own Thanksgiving table decor for my guests. That's where these easy and fun Popcorn Pilgrims make your holiday look festive and fun! Your guests can take them home and eat them later. They have less calories than that second helping of pumpkin pie! (Perhaps you recall my Halloween Popcorn Treats which are very similar.)
How to Make Pilgrims for your Thanksgiving Table Decor
You'll want to gather a few materials for this project:
- microwave popcorn
- black card stock 8-½" x 11" and 5" x 3-¾"
- cream card stock 4" x 3"
- white card stock 4" x 1-½" and ¾" x 5"
- brown card stock 3" circle
- yellow card stock 1-½" x 1-½" square
- paper trimmer with scoring blade
- google eyes
- black marker
- white glue
Before starting this project, make sure you measure your bag of popcorn. Each brand is a little different so you may have to adjust some of my sizes accordingly.
- Cut your black card stock to 7.5" x 11". Save the remaining strip, and cut it to 1" x 6" for the hat brim and set aside. Use the scoring blade on your paper trimmer to score the large paper at 3.5", 4", 8" and 8.5". Fold the paper around your popcorn package. Tape one end onto the popcorn package and glue the other end to secure it around the popcorn.
- Glue the cream card stock onto the front of your popcorn for the face.
- Cut a triangle notch into the small white card stock (4" x 1-½") to create a collar and glue under the cream face.
- Cut a 3" circle in half - use a lid, glass or jar as a template for a circle - and place the circles onto the top of the cream face to create hair. Trim the ends that extend beyond the popcorn.
- Cut a hat out of the remaining small piece of black paper and attach the brim and hat together.
- Fold the yellow square piece of card stock in half and cut two slits as shown. Open the paper and thread the white strip through the yellow buckle. Attach to hat with glue and trim ends. Attach the hat the the pumpkin.
- Add google eyes with glue and draw on a mouth, nose and buttons with the black marker.
If you like making these pilgrims, try some of our other fun crafts