This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
Easter is a time for renewal and a fresh start. Spring is on the horizon in our neck of the woods (heck, sometimes we still have snow at Easter) and we are impatiently waiting for the weather to start warming up. Some years we still have snow during Easter and it’s pretty comical watching a bunch of children scavenge for Easter eggs in their snowsuits. Like many holidays, Easter brings friends and families together and is a time of renewal.
What better way to spend Easter with family than sharing a classic puppy chow recipe? Easter dinner at my mother’s house often means spending the morning and afternoon in the kitchen helping prepare our meal. While we are cooking my sister and I take turns hiding the eggs outside for the kids to find. We munch on snacks and catch up on what is going on in our lives while helping mom with the ham and side dishes.
This Easter I wanted to bring a classic snack for my family to enjoy but put a fun twist on it. I headed to my local Walmart store where I found new Starburst® Jelly Beans Strawberry which is only available at Walmart. They have everything I need to for fun Easter treats and awesome Easter baskets for the kids.
I remember my mom making puppy chow when I was little. I thought the name was funny because yeah, I guess it looks like actual puppy chow but it certainly doesn’t taste like it! I thought it would be fun to use white chocolate instead of the usual dark chocolate and then incorporate the Starburst® Jelly Beans and some fun spring colored mini marshmallows.
Easter Puppy Chow Recipe
- 8 C. Rice Chex cereal
- 5 oz white chocolate candy melts
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. multicolored mini marshmallows
- ½ C. Starburst® Jelly Beans Strawberry
- Pour the white chocolate candy melts into a microwavable safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate for the Chex cereal and gently stir so that the cereal is coated with melted chocolate.
- Pour the 2 cups of powdered sugar into a large freezer bag.
- Pour the chocolate coated cereal into the freezer bag. Seal shut and gently shake to coat the cereal with powdered sugar.
- Add in the ½ cup of Starburst® Jelly Beans Strawberry and mini marshmallows.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
What to find out more about Walmart and all their Easter goodies? Head over here to learn more!