This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BirthdaysMadeBrighter #CollectiveBias
Are you looking to throw the ultimate summer birthday party? Look no further as this Trolls birthday party is perfect for your special day!
Planning a birthday party can be overwhelming! There are so many things to think about and consider for that once-a-year special day. Finding a date, a location, deciding on a cake and then working on the theme can take up the majority of your day! But don’t worry! Head to Meijer to grab some amazing American Greetings Products to throw the best-ever Trolls Birthday Party!
Meijer is one of my favorite stores on the planet. You can find me there almost every Friday grabbing groceries for the following week. Meijer also has an amazing selection of affordable party supplies for any birthday party. I also find the best cards from American Greetings at Meijer. They have everything I need from kind and caring cards to cheerful and encouraging ones. I’m never at a loss for their selection.
The American Greetings children’s birthday cards are great. They have number cards for almost each year of the child’s birthday, as well as licensed character cards and cards for toddlers to tweens. They have a large supply of party goods including plates and napkins, wrapping paper, ribbon, gift bags and tissue paper. Head over to their bakery section to grab a cake or cupcakes, too! Meijer truly is a one-stop-shop for planning an amazing summer birthday party.
Since I’m a bit obsessed with Trolls and so are my kids, I decided I had to make these Trolls Birthday Party Favor Bags. They are perfect to give to birthday party guests and double as some Trolls Birthday Party decor!
How to Make Trolls Birthday Party Favor Bags
Please note: For each party favor bag, you’ll need 2 full-size pieces of tissue paper. Keep this in mind when buying your supplies.
- American Greetings Tissue Paper (a variety pack and pink)
- American Greetings Gift Bags (in a variety of colors for all different trolls)
- Foam Sheets (pink, blue, yellow, green, white & black)
- Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
- Black Permanent Marker
One of the things I love about making these Trolls Birthday Party Favor Bags is that you can make each bag unique, or you can make them all the same. I like to mix things up and buy a variety of colors and make my own unique Trolls as well as the characters from the famous movie.
Directions for each bag:
- Use scissors to cut out two white foam eyes in a circle shape. Use the black foam and scissors to cut out a smaller circles for the eyes. Glue together with hot glue.
- Gently bend a piece of foam in half, being careful not to crease it. Cut out half a troll nose shape. Open the shape and trim as necessary to make it look like a troll nose.
- Use hot glue to attach the eyes and nose to the gift bag.
- Draw a mouth, eyelashes and eyebrows as desired to your troll bag with the black permanent marker.
- Cut out two ear shapes out of foam. I like to stack smaller pieces of foam together and cut both ears at once. Open the bag and hot glue the ears onto sides of the bag.
- To make the troll hair, you will need two sheets of tissue paper. Cut the sheets in half, lengthwise.
- Grab the center of the tissue paper and pull it upwards so it bunches in the center and gathers together. Use scissors to cut some hair triangles into the tissue paper. Repeat until you have 4 bunched and cut pieces of tissue paper.
- Add a small amount of hot glue to the bunched ends of the tissue paper and affix onto the inside of the open gift bag. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces, lining them up next to each other.
- Cut out shapes for flowers with different colors of foam to add flowers and accessories to your Trolls Birthday Party Favor bags. Affix accessories to the bags with hot glue.
Fill your Trolls Birthday Party Favor Bags with gifts for your party guests or use them to collect candy from a piñata.
Don’t forget to check out our other Trolls Birthday Party ideas or click here for more American Greetings Birthday Inspiration!
Leave a Reply