Make March fun for the whole family by making our St. Patrick’s Day Crafts with the kiddos.
I love when we can make crafts out of things we already have, like a package of craft sticks. It gives kids a chance to use their imagination and get them off electronics. It’s a touch harder when they get older, but my son still loves to paint with me. I keep our craft cabinet stocked at all times with every color paint and always can find a few seasonal items to add whenever I’m at Hobby Lobby or JoAnn Fabrics.
There’s just something about St. Patrick’s Day that makes it fun — I’m not sure if it’s finding people that are not wearing green to pinch them, or digging all the green clothing out of my closet so no one can pinch me, or a just fun, happy holiday which hits so close to spring and (hopefully) the snow is melting in Northern Michigan. No matter what, I love St. Patrick’s Day!
How to Make Leprechaun Hats for St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Foam paint brush
- Green craft paint
- Elmer’s glue
- Gold glitter
- Black felt
- Felt shamrock stickers
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Cut off 3/4″ of each end of 2 craft sticks and place them together horizontally.
- Carefully hot glue 4 craft sticks vertically together onto the 2 smaller sticks.
- Cut another craft stick the same width as 4 craft sticks combined, and hot glue to the back of the vertical sticks to hold them together as shown.
- Turn your leprechaun hat over to the front and paint it green with your foam paint brush and let dry.
- Add 1/4″ wide strip of glue above the rim of the hat and sprinkle glitter on the glue until fully coated. Shake off any excess glitter and let dry.
- Cut out a 1×1″ square from your black felt and carefully cut out the inside to make a black buckle.
- Hot glue the black buckle onto the center of the glitter.
- Then hot glue your felt shamrock onto the right side of the hat.
What are your must have items you like to keep in your crafting collection? Let us know in the comments below.
You might also like our:
- St. Patrick’s Day Cards for Kids to Make
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Bunting Banner Decoration
- St. Patrick’s Day Treat Leprechaun Hat