This post is sponsored by Walkers Shortbread. All opinions are mine.
Spring is officially here! Yay!!! I'm so excited! I love the warmer weather and sunshine. We still have some snow where I live but it's slowly beginning to melt. The days are getting longer and the sun is finally making it's appearance again. With spring comes a fresh start as well as Earth Day! Earth Day falls on April 22nd this year and what better way to celebrate spring and a fresh start than with some tasty springtime Earth Day cookies?
I have a confession to make. I'm never tried had shortbread cookies before. Crazy, right?! After getting my Walker's Shortbread Fingers, I tentatively opened the packages. I really had NO idea what to expect. I told my friend this and she totally laughed saying shortbread was one of her favorites and it's addictive. I took a bite of a cookie and SHE WAS RIGHT. Oh my goodness. It's so good! I ate 3 Walker's Shortbread cookies in a matter of minutes before I even started to decorate them!
Walker's Shortbread are melt in your mouth deliciousness. They have the perfect amount of sweetness. Pair with a cup of your favorite coffee or tea and you will be in heaven.
Springtime Earth Day Cookies
- Walker's Shortbread Fingers
- Walker's Shortbread Rounds
- Wilton light blue sparkle gel
- Wilton light green sparkle gel
- Open the Walker's Shortbread Rounds and Shortbread Fingers and discard the packaging.
- Open the Wilton Gel Icings and snip the ends.
- To make an Earth, gently squeeze the light blue icing out along the edge of the Walker's Shortbread Round and use the toothpick to fill in (see photo).
- Fill in the rest of the cookie with the light green icing.
- Repeat with all the Shortbread Rounds.
- Use Wilton Sparkle Gel to write Earth Day inspired words such as 'reduce', 'reuse' and 'recycle' on the Walker's Shortbread Fingers.
You will also want to make our:
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
- Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge