I shared my mealtime tips with a simple freezer inventory and weekly dry erase board calendar this week. Now I want to share my sausage and broccoli sheet pan recipe. If you haven’t made a sheet pan dinner, it’s one of the easiest meals to make. You toss some ingredients together and then onto a baking sheet, throw it into the oven and it’s ready in no time!
What I love about sheet pan dinners, is that I can toss together a few produce items I have on hand, usually a starch and green, and put it with a meat and it’s ready to go. I have mixed spices on hand and used this roasted garlic & herb for this dish! This spice is great for chicken on the grill, or in this oven sausage and broccoli sheet pan recipe.
One trick I have found to roasting vegetables for sheet pan dinners is that you need to cut your potatoes and vegetables a little smaller so that they cook quickly. If you leave them too big, they will take longer to cook. And there’s nothing more disappointing than biting into a half cooked potato or uncooked piece of broccoli!
What are your favorite quick dinners? If you need some more mealtime solutions, try these!
- Pierogi Casserole is the perfect comfort food to feed the family!
- Meatless Pasta Bake will be gone after you family gets a taste of it!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Mexican Stew cooks all day so you’ll arrive home to a fabulous dinner!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic & her seasoning
- 1 package smoked sausage, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 lb small potatoes, try fingerling, cut in half or cube potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add broccoli and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle seasoning on vegetables. Stir to mix and coat well. Spread onto prepared pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add sausage.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until sausage begins to brown.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.