Easy to make pierogi casserole is quick and delicious!
Summer time is all about having fun. The kids are out of school (finally!!) and we try to soak in as many beach and boating days as humanly possible. I always thought summer was pretty laid back, until this year. I think I am busier now than I was during the school year which is weird but hey, it’s sunny and warm outside so I’ll take it!
Trying to enjoy our summer day means spending less time in the kitchen and I am all about saving time and money! I love casseroles, especially semi-homemade casseroles. I also love pierogis. My family is Polish and enjoy all Polish foods. They are definitely not the healthiest but they sure are delicious. This easy to make pierogi casserole is no exception and uses store bought frozen pierogis. You could totally make your own, but again, I love saving time and my sanity, especially when we have a beach day ahead of us.
The next time you are in the frozen food section at the grocery store, grab a box of frozen pierogis for this recipe. I promise you will thank me!
- 16 oz package of frozen potato pierogis
- ½ C. sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ C. chicken broth
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pierogis in a 12x13 baking dish.
- Combine cream cheese, chicken broth and sour cream, ¾ of the green onions and ½ of the shredded cheese and spoon on top of the pierogis.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with the remaining green onions and bacon.
You will also want to try our: