Need a fun and festive last minute treat for New Year’s Eve? These New Year’s Eve fortune cookies are easy to make and fun to eat!
New Year’s Eve is a fun way of saying goodbye to the current year and celebrating the new year ahead by getting together with friends and family. If you’re hosting your own party this year, you know how much work goes into it, from planning your guest list, decor, appetizers and desserts. Plus if your having a family friendly party you’ll need to think of the kiddos, too, which is what I had in mind when making these fun and festive dipped fortune cookies. A simple and yummy treat.
How to make New Year’s Eve Fortune Cookies
These New Year’s Eve Fortune Cookies are super easy and quick to make which is nice. All you need is:
- La Choy Fortune Cookies
- White and black Wilton candy melts
- Silver edible glitter
- White star sprinkles
- Parchment paper
- Microwave safe mixing bowls
- Decorating bag
- Empty your bag of white candy melts into a small microwave safe mixing bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Unwrap and dip half of each cookie into your melted chocolate and place on a piece of parchment paper to let the chocolate harden.
- Heat one cup of your black candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into your decorating bag.
- Cut a tiny tip off the end of the bag and drizzle your black chocolate over each cookie.
- Sprinkle each cookie with your white stars and edible glitter, let the chocolate harden at room temperature, and enjoy your New Year’s fortune and a yummy cookie.
One of my favorite going out to dinner memories when I was little was going to an Asian restaurant and opening a fortune cookie at the end of dinner. Make a new memory and do these at every New Year’s party whether your hosting or attending.
You might also like our:
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 Resolutions You CAN Stick To
- 25 Healthy Habits for the New Year