This Kid-Friendly Bug Spray for Ages 3+ will keep the bugs away with just a couple simple ingredients mixed with essential oils.
I always keep a few things in my car in case I forget them at home. Sunscreen, a hair brush and bug spray. You might laugh at the hair brush but I think I use that the most.
It has been such a hot summer (no complaints here). We are always in the sun and have a lot of late summer nights at the ballpark or down by the water. Bug spray is a necessity for us but I hate spraying all those unwanted chemicals on my child's skin and breathing it in is even worse.
Did you know you can make your own Kid-Friendly Bug Spray? As long as you have a 4 oz spray bottle and a few simple ingredients you too can make some great smelling bug repellent to keep those annoying mosquitoes away.
I just keep my cute little blue bottle tucked away in my glove box and can carry it in my backpack or purse when needed.
How to make your own Kid-Friendly Bug Spray for Ages 3+:
- 4oz glass spray bottle
- small measuring cup with ounces
- 2oz witch hazel
- 2oz distilled water
- 10 drops therapeutic grade lavender essential oil
- 10 drops therapeutic grade citronella essential oil
- Add 2oz of witch hazel and 2oz of distilled water to a measuring cup.
- Carefully our your witch hazel and water into your 4oz glass spray bottle.
- Add 10 drops of your lavender essential oil and 10 drops of your citronella essential oil to your glass bottle.
- Shake before each use to help repeal bugs.
What is your favorite essential oil? and how do you like to use it? Let us know in the comment section below.
You might also like our other essential oil goodies:
- Essential Oil Sore Muscle Rub - If you’ve hopped on the new you exercise band wagon like I have, you might need this essential oil sore muscle rub!
- Hydrating Essential Oil Foot Cream - Our hydrating essential oil foot cream will keep your feet feeling wonderful all year long!
- Essential Oil Hand Cream - Keep your hands hydrated this summer with this essential oil hand cream.
*Always test essential oils on your skin before using them, keep away from eyes.