If you’ve hopped on the new year, new you exercise band wagon like I have, you might need this essential oil sore muscle rub!
With a new year always comes a fresh start and my New Year’s Resolutions are usually the same:
- Eat Better
- Clean & Purge My House
- Write 2 Thank You Notes a Month
- Stay On Top of Business Paperwork
- Get Caught Up With Scrapbooking Family Memories
This year, one of the hardest things to dive into is exercising. I did purchase a treadmill from Craig’s List 2 weeks ago and have been on it exactly 2 times. It’s been very hard for me to get motivated and moving when it’s very cold here, -10 with the wind chill. I know a run will warm me up, but I don’t want to change my clothes to get run-ready!
And naturally after I take the running plunge, I’m SORE the next day. I swear, as I get older, the pain is worse and lasts longer. That’s when I grab my essential oil sore muscle rub.
I typically apply my rub after a workout or before bed and then after my shower in the morning. At times I have a very stiff spot in my leg that needs attention, so I’ll add some additional cream throughout the day. My essential oil stockpile is quite small, but I always rely on peppermint and lavender to help my fatigued body.
Peppermint essential oil is an excellent natural pain killer and muscle relaxer. Helping to reduce tension, inflammation and pain, it’s one of the go-to oils I put into my sore muscle rub.
Lavender oil helps to ease muscle swelling and improve circulation. The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of lavender make it effective in helping to treat aches and pains.
What are some of your favorite essential oil recipes? Try some of these!
- Hydrating Essential Oil Foot Cream is sure to keep your feet in tip-top shape all year long.
- Essential Oil Shaving Cream you won’t believe how amazing this is on your skin! You’ll wonder what took you so long to try it!
- Natural Essential Oil Air Fresheners work great anywhere! The car, closet, kids hamper or bathroom.