Learn How to Maintain Your play set with a couple hours and a few materials.
We live in Michigan and that comes with a lot of snow. Every year when our snow melts we have to do yard clean ups to get rid of the leaves that fell before the snow, twigs, weeds and so on. This is one thing we like to hire out because we don’t have all the fancy equipment that the lawn companies have to have yards looking fresh and clean. A rake just doesn’t do it.
One area I’ve been wanting to conquer is our play set. This area gets filled with unwanted weeds each spring. I saw this weed barrier fabric at our local hardware store and knew It would be perfect for the play set area. With a little TLC and a couple hours, I had the area looking fresh and ready to be played on.
I’m hoping next Spring this weed barrier fabric will prevent future weeds from coming up in the play set area and my weeding will only be a couple minutes instead of a few hours.
How to Maintain Your Play Set:
- weed barrier fabric
- sandbox play sand
- mulch of your choice
- gardening shovel
- Weed your mulched area and sandbox by hand with a small gardening shovel.
- Use a rake to move all the pre-existing mulch to once side of the play set and lay out a piece of weed barrier fabric.
- Move your mulch again on top of the weed barrier fabric and lay out your other pieces to make sure the bottom of the play set is covered.
- Lay our your new bags of mulch on top of your weed barrier fabric and existing mulch and mix the two mulches together.
- After you have weeded your sand box, pour a couple fresh bags of sand in the box and mix the two together.
I love how clean our play set looks and can’t wait to keep up with my backyard and move on to the next project!
You might also like our home improvement ideas:
Outdoor Playset Makeover – An outdoor playset makeover will tidy up your space and keep your investment in tip-top shape.
Easy Firewood Storage Using Pallets– Make your own firewood storage using pallets to keep wood dry for your next family bonfire!
Chalk Paint Hutch Makeover– Our Chalk Paint Hutch Makeover will make you want to start painting!
Leave a Reply