This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepFreeProtein #CollectiveBias
Hearty travel snacks are essential to keep road trips running smoothly.
As a kid, summertime was usually spent camping, and in order to camp, we had to travel somewhere! Of course as kids, traveling was boring and we were constantly asking my mom for a snack when we were in the car. Fast forward to today, and my kids are exactly the same – asking for food the minute the car starts moving.
I have to admit, I get pretty bored on road trips. I don’t have the patience to travel more than 3-4 hours. Well, this year we are going on a 14+ hour road trip with the entire family to Ocean City, Maryland. My husband’s family vacations over the fourth of July on the beach and we haven’t been there in 5 years! And at that time we only had one kid!
Since I, too, get an appetite while riding in the car, I reach for some of my favorite travel snacks including Lorissa’s Kitchen snacks. If you’ve never had these premium protein snacks, you are in for a treat! Made with 100% grass-fed beef and responsibly raised pork, this snack is bursting with flavor. My favorite thing to do is to make travel packs for our snacks so I can grab one and hand it to anyone in the car who says, “I’m hungry.”
How to Pack Hearty Travel Snacks for Road Trips
First you’ll need to gather your supplies. You can get everything you need at your local Kroger store. And make sure you grab Lorissa’s Kitchen products from the snack aisle at Kroger.
Use this coupon to save $1 now through 8/29.
- 2 packages Lorissa’s Kitchen Korean BBQ Beef, Sweet Chili Pork or Ginger Teriyaki Chicken
- animal crackers
- dried fruit (we love apricots)
- apple sauce cups
- gummy candies
- disposable spoons
- reusable cupcake liners
- reusable plastic storage containers
- large container or soft sided cooler
- Determine how many snack containers you’ll need depending on the number of people in the car.
- Open the plastic storage containers and place the apple sauce cup and the reusable cupcake liners inside.
- Fill the cupcake containers with snacks. Place the lid on the container and you’re ready for a road trip.
I like to pair my travel snacks with a nice bottle of water. This keeps us hydrated and on the move while we head to the beach! Plus the combination of Lorissa’s Kitchen high protein, low carb snacks with my sweet and salty snack items make these the perfect travel snacks for any road trip.
Visit Lorissa’s Kitchen Today!
Check out some of our other travel information and tips:
- 20 Things to Pack when Traveling with Kids
- Top 5 Michigan Summer Destinations
- 10 Things Every Softball Parent Needs