This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS. All opinions are mine alone. #CallAnEatible #SkittlesHomegating #CollectiveBias
As a mother with kids, football season is a great time to get family and friends together. When football starts, school starts and the seasons change! Having a gathering at my house for the big game is always fun! We have family friendly events in which the kids can play with each other and the parents can enjoy the game while everyone enjoys amazing food and conversation!
We love entertaining for the big game with harmless rivalries, cheers, food, family and friends. These football mini pinatas filled with Skittles® candies are perfect for our fans! The surprise inside when guests shake the cute little pinatas and try to guess what’s in them always bring a smile to my face! Trust me, you’ll score some extra points when you add these colorful Skittles candies to your table decor!
You’ll need a few simple materials for these football mini pinatas:
- brown tissue paper
- white glue
- cardboard (use a scrap cereal box)
- football cookie cutter (mine was about 4″ long)
- white card stock
- hot glue
- Skittles candies
- Trace football shapes onto your cardboard using a cookie cutter. You will need two shapes per mini pinata.
- Cut 1 strip of cardboard 10-1/2″ x 1″. You will need one strip per mini pinata.
- Add hot glue to one football shape and form the strip around the outer edge of the football and affix it to the football shape. Let set.
- Fill with Skittles candies before adding the top football shape. Add hot glue to the top of the strip and affix the football shape.
- Begin to cut tissue paper for your pinata. Fold a piece of tissue paper in fourths (sixths, if it’s very large) and cut about 1″ off the bottom edge of the paper. Cut slits into the 1″ piece (cutting four pieces of tissue paper at once) making sure not to go all the way through the tissue.
- Use white glue to affix the cut tissue paper to the cardboard football shape. Start on the edge and use 2 pieces of tissue paper at at time, together. One piece is too thin, and three is too thick!
- Continue to add tissue paper to the football, cutting pieces smaller for the faces of the football. Attach with white glue and when you’re ready to finish the center, cut the tissue paper on both sides, keeping it together in the center.
- Add glue to the center of the football mini pinata and fluff with your finger tips. It’s important to fluff it before the glue dries. Set aside to dry completely.
- Use white card stock to cut out the football curves and stitching and attach to the mini pinatas with white glue. Trim edges.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of super cute, football mini pinatas!
Make sure you ENTER TO WIN NFL tickets and NFLShop.com gift cards here in the Skittles Call an Eatible sweepstakes! You have 13 chances to win a pair of NFL Tickets and a $500 prepaid Visa gift card! And 325 chances to win a $25 gift card to NFL.com! I’d say those changes are pretty good so get-a-movin’ and enter to WIN!