Oh no! Your elf has been naughty again and has set up a shop to sell your toilet paper! This fun idea for having your Elf on the Shelf sell toilet paper is perfect for the pandemic setting of 2020 and all of the panic buying we saw! Of course, this could easily be use din non pandemic years, but for this year, it definitely will be a hit!
Elf on the Shelf Tries to Sell Toilet Paper
Well, he is actually trying to trade it for candy, but isn’t that sort of selling it? We all remember those empty shelves in mid-2020, and again in recent months toward the end of the year. For awhile, toilet paper really was a prized possession. Whether you have plenty in stock now or not, you’ll appreciate how funny this idea is, and so will the kisd.
What Do I Need for This Elf on the Shelf Idea?
Below are the things I recommend for this cute idea. You can add anything you want the list including more decorations, lights, a shop front or even a money box!
- Toilet paper
- Elf on the Shelf
- Popsicle stick
- Scrap paper
How to Set Up The Elf on the Shelf
This is super easy to do and sure to be one that everyone will enjoy.
- On a scrap piece of paper, write a note saying “Will trade for candy”, or a similer “Buy 1 roll for 1 piece of candy” message.
- Glue the message onto a craft stick and set aside.
- Stack toilet paper rolls into a pyramid then place the sign against the stack.
- Lean your elf against the toilet paper and place a piece of candy on his/her lap.
Are There Special Rules for My Elf?
Every family has unique rules for their little elf friend, but there are a few special rules that apply to all elves. Those are below.
- The elf moves every night while the kids are sleeping.
- Kids are not supposed to touch the elf or he loses his magic.
- The elf goes back to the North Pole after Christmas.
Where Can I Find More Supplies to Make Elf on the Shelf Fun?
If you really want to get into the spirit, you should ad more fun accessories to your elf displays. Below are some of my personal favorites!
- Elf on the Shelf Soaring Snowflake Sled Set – great for winter landscape ideas
- Sweater Set with 5 Unique Motifs – I love this idea because it has ways to change it each day!
- Elf on the Shelf Party Dress – Super fun for a Nutcracker themed idea
- Fishing Hut for Elf on the Shelf – Ice fishing is a great theme for your little elf!
- Elf on the Shelf Donut Be Naughty PJ’s – so cute for that sleepover with the other action figures!
- Miniature Tennis Shoes for Elf on the Shelf (plus bag for storage)
- Elf on the Shelf Face Mask – A great way to encourage kids to wear their 2020 COVID-19 face masks.
- Miniature Donuts & Hot Cocoa – Perfect for a morning your Elf delivers donuts to the kids!
What Other Elf on the Shelf Ideas Are There?
Need something to do for another night? I’ve gathered up our favorites here to share with you. Have fun creating unique ideas to surprise your kids each day with their elf antics!
- Easy Elf on the Shelf Quarantine Idea
- Elf on the Shelf Wasting Toilet Paper
- Last Minute Elf on the Shelf Bakes a Cake Idea
- How to Make a Bendable Elf on the Shelf
- Elf on the Shelf Igloo Idea
- Housekeeping Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- DIY Elf on the Shelf Troll Wig
- The Best Last Minute Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- 20 More Elf on the Shelf Ideas