This fun DIY and easy DIY homework station will help not only help keep your kids on task after school but will also look great!
I have a confession. I love, love, love being organized. I’m the mom that will spend hours at a time on Pinterest pinning DIY organization hacks while daydreaming about how organized my life will be. Pop! Back to reality and I look around my house. Don’t get me wrong, my house isn’t THAT bad and I’m pretty good with keeping all the clutter at bay, but still, I spend more time daydreaming about being organized than actually doing it.
I have another confession. I hate homework. Always have, always will. I know it’s sometimes a necessary evil but still, I don’t like it one bit. I’m also a procrastinator which doesn’t help. What’s that?? It’s Thursday night already and we haven’t done spelling words yet this week and your spelling test is tomorrow morning!? ::enter profanity words here:: SO I’m hoping my cute lil’ homework station will help alleviate my homework issues and allow my kids to work in peace. I can dream right?
You will need:
- School Supplies (You may have grabbed some cheap back in August. I’m a hoarder of all things school supplies related. I cannot walk by a school supply display without putting a few boxes of $0.50 Crayola Crayons in my basket or the $1 Crayola Markers.)
- Variety of Mason Jars; I love using all different of sizes
- Lazy Susan
- Place the Lazy Susan where you are setting up your homework station: kitchen table, office desk, etc.
- Place the mason jars on the Lazy Susan.
- Fill with school supplies.
- Do homework in a timely manner without fighting with mom (this is my favorite step).
Another added benefit of having this homework station right on the table is that I can easily move it out of the way when it’s time for dinner. Or I can grab it quickly and place it on the table and the kids can work on homework, or have a little fun with the markers and colored pencils, by drawing or coloring in a coloring book. My girls love to create fun pictures to give to their grandma!