These 20 kid friendly bento lunch ideas are perfect for back to school!
Back to school is right around the corner for us and I’m dreading it. Actually, I’m dreading making school lunches but definitely looking forward to having the kids back in school. My kids are those kids that refuse to eat school lunch. I know, I know. I should put my foot down and tell them tough, but as we all know, that is way easier said than done. My oldest is super picky and so is my youngest. The middle kid is way more flexible but she still doesn’t eat anything the other 2 eat. Long story short, making lunches blows because they all want something different!
Enter, the bento box. I’m sure you’ve heard of them. They are ALL over Pinterest and they are super cute and creative. Some are really fancy but most are really easy and totally do-able even for busy mom’s like me! Bento lunches are pretty easy to put together and items such as meat and cheese’s can be pre-cut and stored a head of time in the fridge making mornings a little bit easier.
I love using reusable plastic bento containers for packing our lunches. Silicone cupcake liners are perfect for holding different meats and cheeses or fruits and veggies. They come in tons of different sizes and shapes and you can throw them into the top rack of the dishwasher after school.
Ready to create your own bento lunch? I’ve put together a list for bento necessities:
- Bento lunch containers – A bento lunch starts with a good bento container. I love containers that have multiple compartments!
- Silicone Baking Cups – These come in a variety of different shapes and sizes and are perfect for holding meats, cheeses, crackers and more!
- Cookie Cutters – These are awesome for cutting meat, fruit, vegetables, cheese and more into super cute shapes! I love having a variety of cookie cutters on hand.
- Thermos – My kids love taking soup and other warm dishes in the winter months. I heat everything in the morning and add to the Thermos and it’s still warm and ready to eat at lunch!
- Lunch Box – Find a lunch box your kiddo will love!
20 Kid Friendly Bento Lunch Ideas
- Mickey Mouse Lunch Idea from This Ole Mom – If your kids love Mickey Mouse, this bento lunch is perfect for them!
- Chicken Bento Box from Robyn’s World – Leftover rice and refrigerated grill chicken come together for an easy and healthy school lunch!
- Bento Box Lunch Ideas from Wanna Bite – Looking for some fresh and new lunch ideas? Check out this list!
- Bento Box Bear from Gym Craft Laundry – How adorable and yummy does this little guy look?
- Mini Pizza Pockets from Having Fun Saving – My kids love pizza and would be really excited to see these in their lunch box!
- Camp Bento Lunch from Bento Lunch – These dinosaur sandwiches are great and I bet any eat would eat them right up!
- ABC Theme Lunchbox from Frugal Coupon Living – How fun is this ABC theme lunch and it’s perfect for the back to school!
- Apple Chicken Salad Lunch from J4Daniel’s Mom – Perfect for eating on bread or serve with crackers!
- Budget Friendly Bento Ideas from The Life of Jennifer – Jennifer and tons are great bento lunch ideas that are perfect for kids.
- Halloween Inspired Fun Lunchbox from Freebie Finding Mom – This bento lunch is fun and perfect for Halloween!
- Christmas Themed Lunch for Kids from Kitchen Counter Chronicles – If you love planning a head, make sure you add this Christmas themed bento lunch idea on your list!
- Chameleon Bento Lunch from Mom Endeavors – How fun is this little guy? Inspired by the movie The Wildlife, any kiddo would be sure to love this fun lunch!
- 31 Days of School Lunch Ideas from 5 Dollar Dinners – Erin shares a ton of great ideas, printables and more!
- Simple Fall Themed Bento Lunch from About a Mom – Super cute and perfect for fall, this fun bento lunch is sure to be a kid favorite.
- Star Wars The Force Awakens BB-8 Bento Lunch from Lunchbox Dad – Have a Star Wars fan? May the force be with this fun bento lunch.
- Fun With My 3 Sons – I LOVE this bento lunch idea, and it’s perfect for the first day of school!
- Breakfast for Lunch Bento from Following in My Shoes – My kids love breakfast anytime of day so it’s perfect to pack in the lunchboxes!
- DIY Lunchables from Sunshine and Hurricanes – I don’t know about your kids but mine love Lunchables and beg for them everytime I take them grocery shopping (which isn’t that often, thankfully). Making your own is way easy, healthier and saves you money!
- Autumn Bento Box from Modern Parents Messy Kids – This bento lunch is perfect for fall!
- Zoo & Easter Lunch Ideas from Lisa Storms – These are so cute and perfect for any animal loving kiddo!
You will also want to check out our sweet bento lunches!
Leave a Reply