This post is sponsored by Welch’s® Fruit Snacks. I am being compensated for this post. All comments and opinions are my own
Surprise your kids with a fun back to school basket with items they love to start the school year off right!
Back to school can be fun and frustrating at the same time! It symbolizes the end of summer for us and the start of a new school year with new teachers, classrooms and supplies for the kids! I like to surprise my kids with a Back to School Basket on their first day of school.
The items I include in my Back to School Basket typically include things my kids need (lunch box, water bottle, pencils) but I also like to throw in some of their favorites, like new books and Welch’s Fruit Snacks!
I like buying these for my children because fruit is the first ingredient and they are also an easy grab-and-go fun snack for after school helping us to get back into a routine.
How to Make a Back to School Basket for Kids
You’ll want to make a list of things your child needs and wants for school this fall. Set a budget and stick to it! Make sure you don’t forget a box or 2 of Welch’s Fruit Snacks as you can find them at your local grocery store! You’ll need a few additional materials for this project:
- Crumpled Paper or Plastic Bags
- Index Card
- Colorful Markers
- Hole Punch
- Shredded Paper Bag Filler
- Fill the lunch box with crumpled paper. It’s okay if it’s “really puffy” and extends out of the lunch box. The items you put inside will help weigh it down.
- Begin to fill your Back to School Basket with all of your school supplies, including your Welch’s Fruit Snacks! Gently press them into the crumpled paper so it doesn’t fall out.
- Tuck shredded paper bag filler into the basket to cover any crumpled paper.
- Use colorful markers and an index card and cut in half to make a fun tag for your child. Put a hole into the tag and hang on your lunch bag.
The night before school starts, place your Back to School Basket out for your child to find in the morning. They will be so excited you’ve grabbed things they need and love to start the new school year.
You can easily grab Welch’s Fruit Snacks to toss into lunch boxes or on your way out the door for after school activities. I love to toss a few into my purse so I’m always prepared when the kids are hungry!
What are some of your favorite back to school supplies to give to your kids?
Leave a Reply