This St. Patrick’s Day Treat Leprechaun Hat is the perfect luck of the Irish snack .
A few years ago when my son was younger, he came home from school asking if we could set a Leprechaun trap. I had no idea what he was talking about but after some google searching and pinterest surfing, we did it. A Leprechaun trap was a common thing the Elementary teachers did with their students. There’s even a book about it: How to Catch a Leprechaun!
I do not know when this Leprechaun hunting became a thing, but rumor has it if you grab a little Leprechaun, he will lead you to his pot of gold! If you’re not ambitious enough to make a fun, creative trap, try making these Yummy St. Patrick’s Day Treat Leprechaun Hat Snacks. Maybe a little Leprechaun will come along and think it’s his and get trapped underneath, who knows?
How to make St. Patrick’s Day Treat Leprechaun Hat Snacks:
- Green Snack Packs
- Green Card Stock
- Black Felt
- Metallic Gold Pipe Cleaners
- Felt Shamrock Stickers
- Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun
- Small 4″ Bowl
- Trace your bowl onto your green card stock and cut out with scissors.
- Trace a 1″ circle onto the center of your green circle, cut a line to the middle circle (from the outside, to the center), and cut the middle circle out.
- Turn your green Snack Pack upside down, wrap a green circle around the bottom, and secure with glue just above the lip of the cup.
- Cut a 1/2″ wide piece of felt, wrap it around the bottom of your snack pack right above the green bottom, and secure with glue.
- Cut your pipe cleaner into 2.5″ piece and form each piece into a square, and carefully glue it on top of the black felt to create the buckle of the hat.
- Hot glue a shamrock sticker onto the front side of the hat to complete your Leprechaun hats.
Do you have a tradition at your house of trying to catch a Leprechaun? Tell us about it below in the comment section!
You might also like our:
- St. Patrick’s Day Cards for Kids to Make
- St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Bunting Banner Decoration
- Winter Family Fun Ideas